Representative, Disability Services
Company: Owens Community College
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Apply Here: *https://jobs.owens.edu/postings/9666
This position necessitates skilled interpersonal communication
skills which facilitate the ability to effectively meet with
students, interpret appropriate disability documentation and
approve eligibility for accommodations based upon individual needs.
Proficient computer skills are required for documentation of
services provided, but not limited to having a strong familiarity
with word processing, database programs, adaptive technology, and
ability to operate common office equipment.
*Essential Functions: *
* Meets with students, interprets appropriate disability
documentation, determines eligibility for accommodations, and
documents student interactions thoroughly and accurately, both
electronically & hand-written.
* Coordinates services and accommodations for students with
* Assists students in obtaining solutions to problems as they arise
within the college structure, by promoting self-advocacy
* Assists college employees in identifying students who may have
disabilities and suggests ways to meet students' needs.
* Serves as campus and community liaison for presentations and
opportunities to promote the office.
* Works with other Student Services offices in presenting
orientation, graduation, and other special events.
* Other duties as assigned.
*Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: *
* Knowledge of Section 504 of Rehabilitation Act and Americans with
Disabilities Act. Knowledge of community resources for individuals
with disabilities in NW Ohio. Knowledge of various disabilities,
including, but not limited to Learning Disabilities, Attention
Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Mental Illness, Cognitive
Disorders, Physical and Sensory Impairment. Understanding of
academic impact of various disabilities and appropriate
modifications/accommodations at the college level. Knowledge of
disability practices as applied to Higher Education. Understanding
of laws and ethical practices related to privacy of student
* Computer and keyboard skills. Interviewing skills. Familiarity
with word processing, database programs and adaptive technology.
Ability to operate common office equipment.
* Ability to document case notes in a timely and accurate manner.
Ability to produce clear, concise, and grammatically accurate
written reports and case notes. Ability to communicate effectively
with students, parents, faculty, and others.
*Other Characteristics: *
* Ability to manage a large and complex student caseload in an
organized and efficient manner. Excellent interpersonal
communication skills. Ability to maintain calm demeanor during
stressful situations. Excellent time-management skills. Ability to
juggle multiple priorities. Ability to participate fully and
effectively in a collaborative team environment.
* Bachelor's degree - Education, Higher Education, Special
Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, Counseling, Social Work,
Occupational Therapy, or related field
* Working with students at the secondary or post-secondary level (2
years minimum) Experience with youth or adults with disabilities (2
years minimum) Experience counseling, advising, interviewing, or
teaching youth or adults (2 years minimum)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,396.00 - $40,932.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Owens Community College, Toledo , Representative, Disability Services, Sales , Perrysburg, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!