Company: Mondelez International
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over
160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of
snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits;
Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids
candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are
key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands.
That's who we are. Join us on our mission to continue leading the
future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack,
for the right moment, made the right way. It's time for you to Make
It with Mondelez International. As part of Manufacturing, you'll
use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to
help create the delicious finished products our consumers love.
While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the
safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our
top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated
supply chain. Under the direction of the Lab Supervisor, the lab
technician performs routine as well as advanced analytical testing
to support Toledo Flour Mill Quality Control and Assurance
programs. The lab technician applies and develops analytical
techniques, instrumentation calibration and maintenance programs to
achieve department and plant goals involving, quality, production
and safety. They also develop and facilitate a lab Quality
Assurance program, including instrumentation maintenance schedules,
calibration and documentation of each component.This position is
Full Time and flexibility is a must. Applicants should be available
to work overtime and weekends rotations as needed, as well as cover
all shifts as needed for lab coverage. Essential Job Functions:
- Performs routine testing relative to flour and wheat quality
control for Mondelez Toledo Flour Mill, according to documented and
approved analytical procedures.
- Testing may include (but not limited to): wheat inspection and
grading, toxin testing, Hagberg falling number, NIR, solvent
retention capacity, Alveograph, granulation analysis
- Apply scientific method to analytical projects, as well as
computerized and statistical data evaluation.
- Compile written analytical reports, graphs, charts, etc., as
well as utilizing strong verbal communication skills to facilitate
technical information transfer.
- Assist in developing new analytical procedures, improve and
troubleshoot existing procedures, and compiles documentation for
both, as needed by Mondelez Toledo mill QC laboratory.
- Assist in development and implementation of a laboratory
quality assurance program, including instrumentation maintenance
and calibration, as well as all documentation required of a sound
program, as recognized by organizations such as the AOAC to assure
reliable testing results are achieved.
- Support food safety by monitoring and maintaining preventative
programs to control hazards, including metal detection, monitoring
sifter tailings, insect count/pest reporting, audit readiness
- Support QC department in computer software implementation and
use. Assist all QC lab and other department employees in various PC
software and hardware projects.
- Participate in laboratory and plant safety programs, following
company policies regarding safety and environmental issues, putting
safety first in all aspects of the job. Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree or higher
- 2-3 years' laboratory experience (school or work)
- Knowledge of Quality Systems, Procedures, and Policies
- Experience in the use of statistical concepts in the control of
- Ability to analyze data, proven record demonstrating ability to
effectively problem solve
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset
- Excellent Computer (MS Office) and Communication Skills (Oral
and Written)Preferred Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in food science, crop science, or other
related field, or bachelor's degree in other science field
- 2 or more years' experience in a food production, grain
storage, or milling environment Mondelez Global LLC is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected
Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to
participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460
for assistance. Applicants must complete all required steps in the
application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to
be considered for this position.
Keywords: Mondelez International, Toledo , Lab Technician, Professions , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!