Certified Sterile Processing Technician - Sterile Processing - Full Time - Days
Posted on: November 15, 2023
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care
facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more
than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county
area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have
the area's largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up
of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent
customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced
environment are a must In addition, for 15 consecutive years,
residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award
winner in our market. In fact, we're the only hospital in northwest
Ohio to receive this honor.
Performs all aspects of sterile processing functions to support the
needs of the hospital.
- Decontaminates, inspects, and maintains reusable instruments to
prepare items for high temperature washing, pasteurization, and/or
- Participates in cost containment initiates by monitoring trash
and linen for instruments as well as identifying instrument in need
- Prepares designated reusable supplies, instruments, etc., in
the proper quantity and layout to meet the requirements of
physician and medical/surgical needs with minimal errors.
- Wraps designated supplies according to technical specifications
to ensure sterility during handling and/or through its shelf
- Ensures processed items meet technical standards and
sterilization through the use of control procedures in the
sterilization process. Performs biological and chemical monitoring
in accordance with quality assurance standards.
- Operates washers, sterilizers, low temperature sterilizer, cart
washer, sonic, and pasteurizer following the manufacturers'
- Responds to patient care requests for delivery of processed
supplies and instruments.
- Acts as a core preceptor in orientation of processing
technicians. Utilized as a resource for basic
- Cleans and tests patient care equipment between each patient
use. Completes Bio-Medical service request forms for any
- Documents productivity by recording functions completed on
daily work sheets.
- Inspects linens for tears, stains, etc. Sends damaged for
repair or disposal according to departmental procedures.
- Processes linen, such as, sorting, folding, counting, stacking,
packing, according to departmental policy.
- Label instruments clearly and correctly following departmental
policy and procedures.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Skills: Requires proficiency in technical procedures and to
familiarity with a broad range of surgical instruments. Must be
able to understand directions and be able to communicate and
respond to inquiries. Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Must be able to input and retrieve information from a computer.
Must be able to differentiate colors, and operate sterilizer,
washer-sterilizer, pasteurizer, computer, etc.
Certification: Certification as a Central Service Technician
Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations.
Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, cleaning chemicals,
heat, and fumes.
Must be able to frequently move, lift and/or carry light to very
heavy weight materials and equipment.
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , Certified Sterile Processing Technician - Sterile Processing - Full Time - Days, Professions , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!