HANCO EMS Ambulette Driver - 40 hrs/wk.
Company: Hanco Ems
Posted on: September 16, 2023
**$500 Sign-on Bonus, PRN not eligible, restrictions apply**--
--PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The primary duty of the ambulette driver
is to deliver clients to the identified destination in a safe and
professional manner.-- Hanco EMS is the primary 911 provider for
the local community and also provides a wide spectrum of medical
transport services. JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Duty 1: The primary duty of the ambulette driver is to deliver
clients to the identified destination in a safe and professional
- Duty 2:-- No driver shall recommend a specific physician or
facility. All destinations will be predetermined prior to
deployment of the ambulette for service.
- Duty 3: Drivers will complete all required trip reports in an
accurate concise manner and obtain required signatures.-- Patient
confidentiality is a high priority! Discussion of runs or company
business will be limited to debriefing sessions.
- Duty 4:-- Accurately record all required information per
- Duty 5: Restocks all supplies used on the call for service and
confirm that all equipment used has been retrieved and is returned
to its appropriate location.
- Duty 6:-- Sanitizes and disinfects the transport vehicle and
equipment when indicated.
- Duty 7:-- Participates in all debriefing sessions.
- Duty 8: Keeps up with job related updates in pre-hospital
procedures and regulations.
- Duty 9: Participates in monthly training events or CEU classes
to maintain respective certification and licensure according to
- Duty 10: Performs daily and weekly vehicle inspections and at
the same time becoming knowledgeable on the placement of all
- Duty 11: Participates in building/grounds maintenance. REQUIRED
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a
valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within 30 days of
your residency in the state).--
- You must--meet BVHS's company fleet policy, auto
insurance--requirements and meet any other requirements that may be
required to operate a vehicle.
- Drivers must be at least 25--with no more than three moving
violations or one accident and one violation within the last
three--years. Drivers 23 and 24 are acceptable, but can have no
more then two--moving violations within the last three--years.
--Drivers 20, 21 and 22 must have no moving violations on the
driving record.-- Drivers under 20 are not acceptable. --No driver
may have any major convictions within the last five--year
- Drivers must have had a valid driver's license for at least the
last 2 years.
- Health Care Provider Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and
must be obtained within 30 days of hire. (Hanco will provide on the
job training if necessary).
- One of the following is required and must be obtained within 30
days of hire. (Hanco will provide on the job training if
- Basic First Aid
- First Responder
- Ohio division of EMS certification of Emergency Medical
Technician Healthcare Provider (Any EMT level class from another
state that you can receive your ODPS EMT certification through the
process of reciprocity ODPS card must be obtained--before
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills
necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient
served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as
described in the area's policies and procedures. PREFERRED
- Experience with transporting clients PHYSICAL DEMANDS Requires
a full range of body motion with continuous activity in walking,
lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling and standing. This position
requires an individual to lift 75 pounds or more and push/pull
patients in wheelchairs (150-350 lbs). Must be able to reach work
above the shoulders. Associate must have good eye/hand coordination
to push, pull and perform simple grasping tasks and fine
manipulation. Associate must have excellent verbal skills to
interview patients. This position requires corrected vision and
hearing in the normal range. Associate must have excellent verbal
skills. This position is classified "at risk" for possible
occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV,
Keywords: Hanco Ems, Toledo , HANCO EMS Ambulette Driver - 40 hrs/wk., Professions , Findlay, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!