Company: Freeman Company - BMG
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Freeman Company located in Fremont, OH is looking for a Material
Handler to manage warehousing, distribution, and receipt/shipment
of goods in addition to proper set-up, tracking, and communication
of shipments. The Material Handler will be responsible for
packaging, shipping, and receiving of raw material, work in
process, finished goods, and components as well as stage production
materials within the shop.KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain consistent operating procedures.
- Receive all incoming UPS, Freight, Material and Supplies.
- Material unloading of LTL and vendor trucks.
- Unpacking and verifying incoming parts, components, and raw
materials to packing slips.
- Receive, label/identify material, and move to appropriate
location physically and within the Material Requirements Planning
- Prepare outgoing product for shipment understanding all
internal and customer requirements.
- Packaging, crating, and shipping of all outbound tooling,
components and miscellaneous items.
- Accurate system shipment of all products.
- Arrange material delivery and pick-up for LTL and expedited
- Establish and maintain required reports and logs.
- Overall maintenance of shipping area including all tools,
equipment, material racks and shelves.
- Maintain necessary stock for shipping product (cardboard,
labels, wood, etc.)
- Delivery and pick-up of material to and from vendors and
customers as required. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to operate a forklift or learn how to operate.
- Ability to drive a panel van preferred.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Follow all applicable safety procedures and policies as
outlined in the BMG Employee Handbook.
- Maintain good housekeeping in work area.
- High School diploma.
- Computer / data entry experience.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Ability to use power tools to build custom crates (circular
saw, panel saw, screw gun).
- Able to work a flexible schedule and can multi-task.
- Adapts to rapid change in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized and detailed oriented.
- Has self-motivation and initiative/self-directed.
- Lift, push, and pull up to 35 - 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Walk or stand for extended periods of time.
- May work in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods
of time, performs sustained manual activities at low to moderate
levels of exertion.
Keywords: Freeman Company - BMG, Toledo , Material Handler, Professions , Fremont, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...