Estimator/Project Manager - Findlay, OH
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job ID: - 480486The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a
vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix
concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our
commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient
and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly
Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality
and for our commitment to safety.Position OverviewSafety-minded,
motivated, and high energy Estimator/Project Manager to perform
primary responsibilities of accurate cost estimates, Project
management functions, and assist in forecasting and construction
reporting. This position will also require supporting operations,
and contract administration.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties
and Functions)The duties and responsibilities include but are not
limited to the following:Estimating:
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying
proposals, construction plans, specifications, and related
documents. Visits project sites when necessary.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying
materials, identifying qualified subcontractors, and negotiating
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates. Coordinates
estimates with field superintendents.
- Calculate and analyze costs to ensure all DBE/Edge requirements
- Copy and submit bid/quote on time either in person, by fax, or
- Review contract agreements and assists with plan preparation
and estimates. Negotiates and prepares change orders as
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour
and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss
and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Roll up and condense bid details in HCSS, export and send file
to PA assigned for project download in Viewpoint.
- Ability to analyze bid statistics and various work types on
competitors in an effort to sustain Gold standards on Margin left
on Table and other OPS metrics.Project Management:
- Write correspondence letters, compile submittal information,
review shop drawings, mix designs, and all other necessary
documents so that the project can begin and function properly.
- Assist the Construction Scheduler in preparing Primavera
- Notify subcontractors and suppliers of anticipated start and
- Schedule Pre-job meeting and progress meetings both internally
and with owner.
- Assist and support Area Operations and Foremen as needed.
- Review job quantities, approve invoices, subcontractor
payments, prepare extra work change orders and monitor job
- Maintain and analyze monthly cost projections using a %
complete method and report projections to Area Management
- Review, tabulate, and negotiate final quantity agreements with
owner and/or Prime contractor to ensure 100% payment for all work
- Review monthly account receivables and cash aging reports.
- Responsible for project yields (pipe, bedding, backfill, dirt,
stone, and asphalt).
- Performs other job related responsibilities and special
projects as requested. Other Requirements:
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the
designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as
outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required. -
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance
for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held
accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
- Stay involved in OCA, ODOT, and Community functions. - Attend
training and safety classes as necessary.
- Entertaining and customer/client interaction to ensure
strategic market objectives within the means of the
budget.Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Candidate must have a good skill set on the
following competencies: Drives for Results, Collaboration, and
Developing Talent.Education and ExperienceBachelor's degree or
equivalent from a four-year college or technical school; or three
to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Proficient with Windows,
Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.Language Skills:Ability to read and
interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. - Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. - Ability to speak effectively to
customers or employees of organization.Mathematical Skills:Ability
to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure,
using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to
compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar
graphs.Reasoning Ability:Ability to solve practical problems and
deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. - Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
form.Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or
hear. - The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. -
The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.The employee must regularly lift and/or move more
than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth
perception.Work EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this job,
the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in
outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid
condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. - The
employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. -The noise level in
the work environment is occasionally loud and may require
protective equipment.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! The Shelly Company, a CRH Company, is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click
on this -. - -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Toledo , Estimator/Project Manager - Findlay, OH, Professions , Findlay, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...