Architectural Discipline Manager
Company: Matrix Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Architectural Discipline ManagerFacilities EngineeringLocation:
Maumee, OH, Denver, CO, Atlanta, GA, Cincinnati, OH, Indianapolis,
IN, Kansas City, KS, Minneapolis, MN. Will consider remote
employees. Matrix is seeking a licensed Senior Architect to join
our team. This position applies diverse knowledge of architecture
principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related
fields. The position will work independently and as a part of a
diverse team of multi-discipline engineers and architects to solve
problems and execute projects for industrial and manufacturing
clients. We are looking for a talented individual with strong
organizational, management and interpersonal skills; someone who
works effectively with clients to provide innovative solutions; a
self-motivated person who will help plan and inspire the work
efforts of others.Client interaction is a crucial responsibility of
this role. The ideal candidate for this position will not only be
able to build and grow successful client relationships, but will
enjoy it! We are also looking for a self-starter and problem
solver, who is fluent with codes, architecture principles and
practices, and uses critical thinking to provide the best
solutions. The role requires an in depth knowledge of building
codes and the ability to interpret and communicate economical
solutions for new construction and existing building modifications.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of all building
systems including structural, fire protection, electrical, HVAC,
and plumbing. This position will be responsible for managing a
variety of projects, and will coordinate the work of other
architects, engineers, technical assistants, and designers.While we
value all of our candidates, employer Visa sponsorship is not
available at this time.Responsibilities
- Works in a safe manner at all times. Adheres to both Matrix and
client established safety standards when appropriate.
- Coordinate and oversee the growth and development of technical
activities relating to architectural projects.
- Lead project designs, direct other architects and designers to
complete architectural designs in accordance with accepted
practices and company standards.
- Assist with and lead the development of contract documents
including Revit models, drawings, details, specifications, and
installation scopes of work.
- Lead the development and maintenance of Revit standards,
templates, and libraries.
- Manage discipline project budgets utilizing Work Breakdown
Structures Report (WBS), segregating tasks and associated costs in
accordance with scope of work outlines in project proposals.
- Supervise and direct assigned project personnel and control
projects including productivity, man-hours used, project changes,
and adherence to predefined scope of services.
- Maintain and submit accurate budget and schedule forecasts to
Project Manager, Department Manager, and Client for evaluation of
productivity and schedule variance.
- Maintain project correspondence file to include project-related
memos, letters, scope change documentation, and associated
- Mentor other architects and designers to facilitate a learning
experience for subordinate personnel.
- Work with Department Manager for team improvements, technology
needs, sales strategies, proposal development and production
- Maintain positive client relations and develop potential work
- Accredited Bachelor of Architecture degree is required
- Master of Architecture is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a registered Architect in
- Successful completion of Intern Development Program (IDP)
- Successful completion of Architect Registration Exam (ARE)
- State Registered
- Must be able to travel: up to 20% local/daytime travel and 5%
overnight travel annuallyPhysical Requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
reach with hands and arms; talk, and hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This employee may perform industrial field work which could
include exposure to hazardous locations, inclement weather, moving
mechanical parts, noise, ladders, uneven ground, and stairs.At
Matrix Technologies, our core values define our culture and we live
out those values in everything we do. We call this The Matrix Way.
We strive for a culture that promotes teamwork and collaboration,
engagement, and talent development. Our culture reflects what the
modern workforce wants and inspires our employees to perform their
best. We support our employees personal goals and interests with
flexible work schedules and options for increased paid time off.
This focus on the employee experience is why we have been named a
Top Work Place by the Toledo Blade. To ensure we are providing our
customers with the best solutions from the industrys leading
experts, we encourage our employees to grow professionally by
offering technical and leadership training, tuition reimbursement,
memberships to professional societies, and diverse
experiences.Since 1980, Matrix Technologies, Inc. and our
professional team of engineering and automation experts have been
the leading single source for any process, facility, or automation
engineering need. We only hire the best which allows us to provide
our customers with A Better Process for Success. Our talented staff
and processes have also earned us a spot in the Control Engineering
System Integrator Hall of Fame.Matrix Technologies is a versatile,
platform-independent, full-service resource for process design,
automation and information system engineering. We have a commitment
to our clients and it shows with 87% of our projects being repeat
engagements from satisfied customers. Matrix Technologies has
expertise in oil & gas, chemical, food & beverage, consumer
packaged goods, pharmaceutical/biotech, aggregates, discrete
manufacturing, automotive, glass, and metals.Come see what The
Matrix Way is all about!ID: 2021-1797 External Company URL:
https://matrixti.com/ Street: 1760 Indian Wood Circle
Keywords: Matrix Technologies, Inc., Toledo , Architectural Discipline Manager, Professions , Maumee, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!