Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Silgan Containers the leader in the metal food packaging industry
is seeking experienced professional production supervisors to join
our team. Joining our team of professionals provides growth
opportunities and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package
in a stable company and industry.*
*Position Summary: ** Production Supervisors are required to
successfully complete 3-6 months of technical training provided by
Silgan Containers. This will include writing reports and
discussions with plant management to ascertain an understanding of
can/end manufacturing processes and equipment.
* Production Supervisors work in our high-speed, state of the art
manufacturing facility. This position will be required to work
rotating shifts, including weekends.
* The Production Supervisor will lead and direct hourly employees
with day-to-day instructions to meet production goals and line
* Utilize lean manufacturing and 5S principles to improve the
* Supervising in a work team environment challenging the hourly
workforce to move toward self-directed work teams.
* Effective communication skills are essential in both a written
and verbal format.
* Focus on Safety and Quality in all aspects of the manufacturing
* Further advancement opportunities depend on individual
leadership, management ability and the capacity to assume greater
*Essential Job Functions: *
Required to learn, understand, and positively impact the five Key
Plant Control Factors of Safety, Quality, Standard Operating
Procedures, Employee Relations, and Continuous Improvement.
1. Safety - Train/enforce on safety procedures/rules. Active
involvement in employee safety,
equipment guarding and ensuring overall safe workplace
2. Quality - Apply SPC principles and basic quality tools (i.e.,
diagrams, flow/run/control charts,
3. Standard Operating Procedures - Understand, use, and train
employees on SOP's. Must
have the ability to lead manufacturing unit through use of
4. Employee Relations - Must have effective communication skills
that enable the ability to
direct/assign work assignments in compliance with the collective
bargaining agreement and
cultivate a positive work environment. Supervisors are expected to
develop and mentor
5. Continuous Improvement - Foster an environment conducive to
improvement/lean objectives. Must have ability to operate in a lean
environment utilizing 5S and other continuous improvement tools
*Job Requirements: *\**
*Essential Job Requirements: \*
*EDUCATION: ** Must have a minimum of a High School or equivalent
* Trade School and/or education beyond High School is a plus.
*EXPERIENCE: ** Skilled trades experience (machinist, mechanic,
millwright, tool and die, electrician) or engineering experience is
* Seeking individuals with mechanical and technical
* 4 plus years' experience in a production supervisory capacity
*REQUIRED SKILLS: ** Must have strong communication skills, ability
to effectively influence others,
and problem-solve. * Strong Leadership skills with ability to
* Performance management.
* Statistical knowledge.
* Computer skills - ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
* Visual mechanics (blueprints and descriptions).
* Experience working in a Union environment and familiar with
*PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: * Individuals must be able to work
different shifts, weekends, and overtime. Limited travel required
from time to time. Must be physically capable of walking, standing,
lifting, flexing, bending, and climbing as necessary to carry out
responsibilities. Individuals will spend much of the day (85% +) on
the production floor - this is not a sit behind the desk position.
Work environment contains heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals, and
high-speed manufacturing equipment.
#PSMT Job Type: Full-time Application Question(s):
* Do you have formal/Informal training and/or experience in skilled
trades (Mechanics, Electrician, Machinist, or Welding)?
* If you answered yes to question 3 please provide the years of
experience or training you have, and provide a brief description of
your experience or training.
* Are you available for overtime as required and rotating shifts?
* Manufacturing Supervisor/Manager: 3 years (Preferred)
Keywords: Silgan, Toledo , Production Supervisor-Napoleon, Professions , Napoleon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!