Sr Corp Development Analyst II
Company: OWENS CORNING
Posted on: August 7, 2022
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Corporate Strategy Lead will be an integral member of the
Corporate Strategy & Growth Organization and will support the
objectives of the team by successfully leading and contributing to
impactful strategy projects related to enterprise strategy,
strategic planning, venture investments and M&A.
Responsibilities will revolve around w orking across the
organization, leveraging strategy experience, critical thinking,
and work ethic, to help Owens Corning meet its growth
In all aspects of the position, the Lead (Senior Associate)
demonstrates teamwork and commitment to the success of Owens
Reports to : Director, Corporate Strategy
Span of Control : No direct reports
Travel: Willingness to travel periodically (domestic and
international) - 15-20%
Developing & Executing Strategy
- Support impactful strategy, investment & M&A projects that
help OC realize its growth objectives.
- Partner with businesses to develop and refine their
- Support corporate and business strategy projects by owning key
- Create and deliver training, on-boarding, and ad-hoc material
to raise the level of strategic thinking throughout Owens
- Lead / Support cross-functional teams to efficiently respond to
and implement solutions to strategic questions across businesses,
functions, and regions
- Apply project management skills and tools to meet all
- Leverage different data sources to create a data-driven fact
- Utilize strategic frameworks and hypotheses to efficiently
answer the essential questions.
- Drive new and interesting findings supported by a strong fact
- Identify executable next steps to quickly implement the
- Create impactful presentations and models to communicate
- Participate in the development of the corporate strategic
- Prepare complex financial analyses and models related to
investment economics, valuation and business modeling of potential
partnerships and equity investments.
- Lead due diligence activities related to key market and
- Interface with, and eventually lead, portfolio company
- Inform, shape, and enrich our approach to startup engagement
- Apply learnings cross-functionally to multi-material systems
market and R&D strategy.
- Participate in industry and corporate venturing events
internally and represent OC externally.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Support corporate development team in strategic and M&A
projects as needed to ensure seamless transition from strategy to
- Assist in the due diligence process for M&A transactions
for growth-related diligence activities.
- Assist with data collection and market research related to the
topic of M&A strategy and other corporate initiatives.
Consolidate, synthesize, and interpret collected information to
inform key strategic decisions.
- Support key activities in integration in partnership with VP,
Enterprise Integration and business leaders.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or
Business; an MBA is strongly preferred.
- A combination of a minimum of 5-7 years of finance, analytical,
consulting, or corporate strategy experience.
- Experience leading and developing others.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE :
- Deep expertise in corporate finance, technology, or
- Experience working for a multi-national manufacturing company
on global projects.
- Experience with financial modeling and slide writing a
- Ability to read financial statements a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Exceptional quantitative, critical thinking, and analytical
- Acute listening skills to synthesize broad conversations and
translate them to action.
- Able to combine analytical reasoning, creativity, and
- Organized, deliberate, and reliable in structuring work, and
effective as a problem solver. Experience in working on
cross-functional and multi-department enterprise-wide projects
- High aptitude to learn quickly, assimilates to new projects and
teams, and work well under pressure with appropriate attention to
- Excels at leading and influencing others.
- Thinks and acts on a global scale. Able to deal with strategic
issues, as well as tactical operational details
- Demonstrated Project Management capability.
- Demonstrated experience with being a driver of change.
- Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day
team matters. Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans
to mitigate them. Appreciates Corporate Strategy s impact and how
the department is an integral part of the overall corporation s
growth and business strategy.
- Adaptable; can quickly assimilate to new teams and
- Able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going
on simultaneously. Able to deal with strategic issues, as well as
tactical operational details.
- Results oriented with strong service orientation.
- Demonstrated not being comfortable with the status-quo and
continually striving for excellence.
- Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to
- Demonstrated experience maintaining financial integrity for the
corporation, employees, and shareholders About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials
leader committed to building a sustainable future through material
innovation. Our three integrated businesses - Composites,
Insulation, and Roofing - provide durable, sustainable,
energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material
science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers
win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with
approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to
generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a
difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in
1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021
sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit .
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: OWENS CORNING, Toledo , Sr Corp Development Analyst II, Professions , Haskins, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!