Logistics Services Manager
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Company DescriptionRemember the last time you opened a bottle of
champagne, a cold beer after a hard day's work or a bottle of
sparkling mineral water to quench the thirst, well it was probably
made by us, we are O-I and we love that we make more glass
containers than anyone in the world.O-I has more than a century of
experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass
packaging for many of the world's best-known food and beverage
brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for
beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and
pharmaceuticals.Job DescriptionPRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage and oversee the daily shipment optimization and carrier
tenders executed by the Logistics Team through the use of O-I's
transportation management system (TMS) in order to ensure that the
best combination of cost and service is achieved at the operational
- Support the regional Business Unit Logistics Specialist in
securing carrier capacity and in adhering to routing guide
conformance for assigned shipments.
- Manage the relationship with the Customer Service Organization
in order to ensure that on-time pick-up and delivery requirements
can be met for planned shipments within the defined service
- Support logistics strategies, process control, budget and
reconciliation activities and special projects that will ensure
positive EBIT contributions (cost reduction/control) while meeting
unique service needs of the customers.
- Conduct initial and continuous training sessions for the
Logistics Specialist positions and maintain a department resource
schedule so that daily operational activities are adequately
covered and supported.
- Provide support to the compliance and import/export team in
order by ensuring that customs brokerage and freight forwarding
services employed by O-I meet the legal and regulatory requirements
while providing a value add for cross-border shipments.
- Partner with the Business Units and assigned DRP resource in
the continuous review of the network, demand patterns, storage
locations, etc. so that logistics services and providers match the
- Support supplier development programs by partnering with core
carriers and other logistics providers by establishing business
network reviews and score-carding techniques with the purpose of
improving operational efficiencies and cost optimization, closely
collaborating with Procurement team
- Closely collaborate with the Procurement group in the strategic
methodology of major bid/sourcing events in order to ensure that
appropriate techniques and spend authorities adhere to Corporate
- Take the lead on solving complex supplier quality and service
issues and improve existing business processes and strategies for
- Mentor the Logistics Operations Team members by exposing them
to and involving them in key cost reduction and process improvement
projects/initiatives that help facilitate career growth. SCOPE AND
IMPACTResponsible to help control and minimize assigned portion of
$195M annual outbound transportation spend. Guide, mentor and lead
team of logistics specialists. Responsible for motivating team
members as well as inspiring positive communication with them so
that they can work together toward achieving
goals.QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics/Supply Chain,
Operations or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Logistics Procurement and
Operations, Warehousing Experience.
- Minimum 3 years of Supervisory Experience.
- Excellent negotiating and contract management skills.
- Experience with all transportation modes, warehousing services,
and international trade compliance.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems; TMS, WMS, Bid software,
- Excellent analytical, written and communication skills.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with SAP and Lean Six Sigma.REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
This position reports to the Director of Logistics. Other direct
reports to the Director of Logistics are the Logistics Operations
and Compliance Manager, and the Regional Warehouse Operations
Manager.Reporting to this position will be - 4 resources: 3
Logistics Specialist and 1 DRP resource.Travel RequirementsThis
position will require up to 20% travel and/or as situations arise
between U.S., Canada, and Mexico.Must be able to perform the
essential functions of the job with or without reasonable
accommodations.Additional InformationAll your information will be
kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.O-I is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other
federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical
condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for
any part of the application process, or in order to perform the
essential functions of a position, please contact O-I at
email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request
and your contact information.
Keywords: O-I, Toledo , Logistics Services Manager, Professions , Perrysburg, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!