GIS Production Analyst
Company: Marathon Petroleum
Posted on: June 24, 2022
An exciting career awaits youAt MPC, were committed to being a
great place to work one that welcomes new ideas, encourages diverse
perspectives, develops our people, and fosters a collaborative team
environment.Position SummaryThe IT Business Analyst (GIS Developer)
will support multiple business groups across MPC such as Midstream,
Terminals, and Refining. The role will involve development of new
GIS functionality and support existing products based primarily on
ESRI suite, requiring detailed knowledge of server application
products. This position will work directly with business partners
and other IT groups to ensure GIS applications meet business
functional and performance requirements. The IT Business Analyst
(GIS Developer) will manage GIS support requests from business
users and will take a significant role on projects that will
expand/enhance corporate GIS capabilities. Project responsibilities
will include gathering/documenting requirements, functional
designs, application development, and producing test scripts
according to the business unit objectives.This position belongs to
a family of jobs with increasing responsibility, competency, and
skill level. Actual position title and pay grade will be based on
the selected candidates experience and qualifications.Key
- Works directly with business partners to gather requirements,
develop, and implement new systems and enhance existing systems.
Facilitates activities when multiple areas of IT need to be
involved such as cross functional changes to applications and
system integration testing for projects.
- Stays current on technologies and business processes. Evaluates
new applications and identifies system requirements. Identifies
evolving business requirements, measures business processes and
application performance, and recommends appropriate system
alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
- Understands the data and how the business processes function
within the IT applications. Maintains a base understanding of
- Internally develop or work directly with third party vendors to
develop and deploy solutions per business requirements.
- Functionally understands and works to have expert knowledge of
applications of which the role is responsible.
- Participates in production support, issue resolution and change
control management activities.
- Interprets existing IT controls environment and applies to
existing and proposed processes to ensure compliance.
- Proactively monitors and communicates the status of incidents,
outages, and drives resolution. Analyzes data and trends to
identify a root cause; then addresses the problem.Education and
- Bachelors degree in GIS, Computer Science, Information
Technology, or related GIS technical experience.
- Two or more years of experience in a GIS information technology
role administrating server applications.
- Experience developing custom GIS solutions, administrating
enterprise GIS SDE databases, and GIS mobile applications.
- Experience building SDE feature classes, domains, subtypes, and
- Deep knowledge of ESRI products Portal, ArcGIS Server, SDE,
GeoEvent Server, Image Server, Field Maps, Survey123, and other
- Experiencing operating an enterprise GIS within Azure or AWS
- Experience developing and supporting ETL operations between GIS
applications/database using FME Desktop or Server.
- Oil and Gas experience not required.Skills
Builder, Python API, REST API, FME Server, and ESRI mobile
- Developing SDE schema changes with Python, ArcPy, and other
supporting Python packages.
- Strong spatial analysis, geoprocessing skillsets, ArcGIS
Desktop, and Pro to assist GIS business partners.
- General IT infrastructure knowledge for assisting other IT
teams identifying and troubleshooting hardware running GIS
- Ability to foster partnerships with business partners.
- Strong critical thinking skills for analysis and problem
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple efforts and progress them
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve issues proactively
and provide recommendations to business partners, IT peers, and
various levels of management.#ITAs an energy industry leader, our
career opportunities fuel personal and professional
growth.Location:Findlay OH Main BldgJob Requisition ID:00002506Pay
Min/Max:$85,500-$128,200Grade:10Location Address:539 S Main
StAdditional locations:Denver CO, San Antonio TX, Tulsa
OKEducation:Bachelors: Information TechnologyEmployee Group:Full
timeEmployee Subgroup:RegularMarathon Petroleum Company LP is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment
to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of
race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or
physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status,
ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran
status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected
by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant, .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our
Human Resources Department at . Please specify the reasonable
accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number
in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative
will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable
accommodation. To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum
Corporation please visit .
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / DisabilityRequired
Keywords: Marathon Petroleum, Toledo , GIS Production Analyst, Professions , Findlay, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!