Company: Continental Structural Plastics
Location: North Baltimore
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Continental Structural Plastics (CSP) is an innovative and
full-service Tier One supplier with a global presence and emphasis
in development for lightweight technologies. CSP offers employees
the opportunity to join a leading edge company within the composite
material industry and enjoy the benefits offered by a growing
company in North America and internationally.We are seeking a
Production Supervisor for our North Baltimore, Ohio Plant.Position
Summary:This position is responsible for all manufacturing related
to assigned current products. Responsibility for new products
begins with the first production build via customer production
releases. Position reports to the Production Manager.The primary
responsibilities will be to work directly with the production
hourly employees, maintenance supervisors, area manager, production
and engineering group to insure the successful production of a
customer's part per the customer's requirements. The supervisor
will interface with the hourly workforce to develop a team
atmosphere while insuring company policies, procedures and
regulations are up held.Essential Job Functions:
- Overall responsibility to develop process improvements through
- To ensure that all product is manufacturing in accordance to
customer specifications and approved processes.
- Track all production and report on production (throughput,
scrap, downtime) on a daily basis
- Ensure approval of department expenses and appropriate requests
- Support plant safety rules, workforce contract and Company
- Review daily - all parameter sheets, work center sheets, ot six
sigma data collection sheets.
- Participate in and support customer required systems while
maintaining required production and minimize scrap levels.
- Assist the Production Manager in the development of the
departmental goals and objectives.
- Efficient manpower implementation.
- Project team assignments.
- Employee training/development.
- Maintain department budget performance.
- Complete all shift paperwork and reports.
- Ensure all plant safety rules, UAW contract and CSP plant rules
are adhered to.
- Issue process improvements and cost reductions as
- Support all plant continuous improvement efforts as
- Have daily safety contact with employees.
- Attend required Health, Safety and Environmental training with
- Report to maintenance safety issues and follow-up
- Conduct effective, timely accident investigations and initiate
- Train and encourage employees to follow safe work
- Provide effective Safety Talks with a goal of 100%
- Encourage employees to be involved in the safety process.
- Support the Return-To-Work Program and identify jobs for
employees in the program.
- Enforce rules and procedures consistently.
- Strive for safe production.
- Lead by Example.
- Comply with Quality, Environmental and 5-S systems.
- Perform required Layered Audits.Deliverables:
- Daily Production Report
- Time & Attendance Exception Report
- Review and disposition scrap and non-conforming materials
- An Associate's degree or related experience is required.
- Must have experience as a production supervisor from a
- Must be open to work any shift - specifically 2nd or 3rd
- Automotive manufacturing experience is strongly preferred.
- Potential for 10 hours standing/walking during shift.
- Must be flexible to work any shift and on weekends when
required. The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Exposure is frequent to moving
mechanical parts, airborne particles (eye protection is required),
fumes, machine vibration, noisy conditions (hearing protection is
required), high temperatures and occasionally operating in a
restricted work area.
Keywords: Continental Structural Plastics, Toledo , Production Supervisor, Professions , North Baltimore, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!