Mobile Phlebotomist/Driver (Paid Training, Experience Needed)
Company: American Red Cross
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives
every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its
best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference?
Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an
impact in your community, across the country, and around the world?
If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a
Phlebotomist for the American Red Cross!
From transporting and setting up blood collection equipment at work
sites, to drawing blood from donors, as a Phlebotomist-Driver with
the American Red Cross you will work all aspects of blood drives at
schools, offices & churches throughout the Toledo, OH and
To learn more about this role, watch this short video:--- A
life-saving mission. A life-changing career. Join us.
Mobile Phlebotomy Summary
Needed: Previous Phlebotomy certification and or phlebotomy
* Full Time, $15.97/hour & excellent benefits, stipends,
* Variable Schedule - 2 Consecutive Days Off
* Paid Training (previous phlebotomy experience is required)
* Work Schedule provided 3 weeks out
* On The Job Dress Code: Collections employees wear specific vendor
provided scrubs consisting of a Red top and Black bottom. The
approved scrubs are only to be ordered through the vendor website.
Employees will have an annual stipend credited to his or her
account effective upon hire. Information for the vendor site and
login information will be provided by the department during
New Hire Orientation/Training Class Starts : Monday, March 29th,
Phlebotomist Job Responsibilities
* Balance production, donor care & quality requirements to meet
daily blood collection goals
* Take the time to personally connect with donors - listen to their
stories and help them understand the value of their donation
* Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood
you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely
* Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes
early start times, late end times, weekends---& holidays to meet
the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors.
* Take care of your team members - show up for every shift and give
100% while you're there
* Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your
co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
* Interact in a positive, proactive and customer-focused manner
with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and
compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Phlebotomist describe
the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive
Phlebotomist Job Qualifications
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and
public relations skills are required
* Ability to load and unload vehicles with or without reasonable
* Phlebotomy certification and or phlebotomy training is
* A current, valid driver's license and good driving record is
* Basic computer skills are required
* Physical requirements may include the ability to lift-up to 50
lbs.,---occasionally physically assisting donors experiencing an
adverse reaction,---as well as pushing or pulling heavy weights up
and down ramps and stairs (potentially up to 250---lbs---in
weight---and with up to---75-degree---angles).---Physical
requirements may be performed in adverse weather conditions.
* All staff work as a team to setup and tear down the equipment
required to conduct a mobile blood drive.
This---involves---loading/unloading of---vehicles,---pushing carts
up to 250---lbs, setting up beds and handling many totes containing
equipment and snacks for the donors.
* Flexibility to work long, irregular hours and frequent schedule
changes is required.
SCHEDULING: Red Cross collects blood during the week, on weekends
and holidays. Red Cross provides work schedules 3+ weeks in
advance, although changes may be necessary. Candidates must confirm
availability for flexibility in scheduling
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity
to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering
its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a
competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative
team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please
visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of
Keywords: American Red Cross, Toledo , Mobile Phlebotomist/Driver (Paid Training, Experience Needed), Professions , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!