Posted on: February 23, 2021
What's the Job?
Ready to put your truck-driving career in high gear? Make the shift
and fuel your career as a Class A/Yard Jockey/Yard Switcher for
Penske. Join a team of professional truck drivers committed to
delivering products safely and on time. We're proud to move freight
for some of the world's biggest brands. (Yes, we're more than just
the yellow trucks.)
You'll be with a stable, nationwide company that is known for
having the best equipment, great management, clear communication
and a fantastic safety record. We pay every Friday, and for most of
our driving positions, you're home daily. Yes, daily.
Are you ready to take it to the next level? Come drive for
• Route/Activity: Perform yard and shuttle work at the facility.
All moves are dispatched by customer by two-way radio.
• Shift: Monday-Friday with multiple shifts available.
• Equipment: 48' & 53' trailers, yard tractors with hydraulic 5th
wheel, and day cabs.
• Compensation: Paid hourly, with overtime after 40 hours. Wage
increase after first year! Potential to earn up to $62,000 per
year, PLUS a $6,000 sign on bonus! Generous vacation and time off
for first year drivers!
• Performs inspection of vehicle prior to and after operation of,
moves trailers in and out of dock as directed by management,
couples and uncouples trailers.
• Chocking trailers as they are spotted for loading and unloading
and pulling from doors, the placement of nose supports for trailers
when spotted at dock doors
• Orderly maintaining of the yard, inspection of trailers prior to
• Support and participate with Safety Team meetings and
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly
• Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or
agency rules, standards and guidelines
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic
violations, and damage before and after route
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home daily for most positions
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities
• CDL Class A license required
• 1 year of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 3
years required, or 2 years of documented tractor-trailer experience
in the last 5 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations or
• Excellent customer service skills
• Focused on safety
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education and criminal history) and drug screening
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or
designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to
work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is
required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility
for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly
lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 100lbs/45kg.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and
safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Toledo , Truck Driver , Professions , Findlay, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!