Senior Building Automation Technician
Company: Plug Smart
Posted on: May 15, 2020
Senior Building Automation Technician POSITION
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: The incumbent works on new construction and
retrofit projects in commercial buildings, hospitals, schools and
industrial facilities. S/he installs Direct Digital Control (DDC)
systems, and performs startup, commissioning and service. KEY TASKS
- Performs a variety of technical functions, such as programming,
integration, system startup, service, commissioning, owner training
and project record documents.
- Ensures client expectations are met, and takes a lead role in
developing client relationships.
- Establishes and maintains open communication with clients, and
project manager, in order to keep all essential project activities
- Determine corrective actions and execute repairs to the
- Test and verify system readings ensuring an optimal system
- Complete service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments
and calibration on automation systems and components following
issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation
- Execute system checkout and in automation systems start-ups for
service installed jobs.
- Assists with the development and improvement of related
processes, procedures, and tools.
- Reinforces safe work practices, and ensures all safety
requirements are adhered to, in accordance with the safety program
of the Company. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work tasks include travel to local job sites, which means
intermittent exposure to outside weather and conditions typically
associated with a construction site. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- In performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is
regularly required to talk, hear, perform repetitive motion, and
possess an appropriate degree of both visual acuity and manual
- This is considered a medium work position, which means possible
exertion of up to fifty (50) pounds of force occasionally, and/or
up to thirty (30) pounds of force frequently, and/or up to ten (10)
pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise
move objects. TRAVEL:
- This position may require travel within the Ohio/Pittsburg
territory. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-5 years of HVAC/R controls experience.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, software, and
- Basic technological proficiency and familiarity with iPad
- Basic understanding of electricity and electrical
- Previous experience with troubleshooting, repairing,
installing, and programming building controls systems. PREFERRED
- Previous work experience with building automation systems,
i.e., those manufactured by ALC, Alerton, Delta, Distech, Reliable,
Computrol, JCI, Siemens, Trane, and/or Tridium.
- Tridium AX or N4 Certification.
- Experience with Bacnet, LON, or Modbus.
- Experience with Visio and AutoCAD. Summary of Benefits
- Comprehensive health insurance - percentage of the premium is
funded by Plug Smart provided the employee & spouse (if applicable)
meet annual wellness initiatives. Note that this is fluid and may
change in the future depending on changing health care regulations
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- 401K Plan allows for voluntary retirement contributions. Plug
Smart contribution is discretionary based on profitability.
- Flexible Spending Account - allows for voluntary pre-tax
contributions to pay for IRS-allowed medical and child care
- Life Insurance
- Vision insurance is available through group rates and payroll
- Dental insurance is available through group rates and payroll
- Plug Smart is an Equal Employment Employer We are highly
motivated to fill this full-time position; qualified candidates are
encouraged to apply immediately for consideration!
Keywords: Plug Smart, Toledo , Senior Building Automation Technician, Professions , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!