Senior Structural Designer (Semiconductor)
Posted on: July 15, 2019
SSOE is seeking a Senior Structural Designer to reinforce our team
of skilled multidisciplinary designers and engineers. The ideal
candidate is committed to producing high-quality deliverables on
varied projects for advanced technology clients. Our team produces
exceptional solutions to complex problems through constant
coordination and dedication to saving our clients time, trouble,
As an integral part of the SSOE structural team, you will begin by
completing specific design assignments under the guidance of a
senior designer or structural engineer. Additional responsibilities
will be provided based on performance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Produces organized structural plans and details that support
lead discipline systems.
- Assists lead structural engineer in the development and
coordination of structural support scope.
- Models designs into completed working details and drawings
through the interpretation of the design and application of design
fundamentals primarily using Revit.
- Develop an understanding of multifaceted client to better solve
- Applies creative problem-solving skills to see beyond standard
- Consults with supervisor to screen assignments for unusual or
difficult problems and selects appropriate methods and techniques
- Exercises judgment for some aspects of design, but receives
supervision and direct input on new aspects of an assignment.
- Communicates with supervisor concerning progress or problems in
an assigned task.
Minimum Education and ExperienceAssociate's Degree / DIRECT / 6+
years of experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate degree in Structural, Civil, or any engineering
- 6+ years of structural design experience.
- Experience with Revit required. Experience with AutoCAD
- Self-motivation to clarify the scope of work, anticipate
issues, propose options, and find cost-effective or schedule-driven
- Strong problem-solving skills and flexibility in a fast-paced
- Ability to provide clear direction and expectations to
designers and contractors.
- Practical field experience with active involvement in
construction areas preferred.
About SSOE GroupAs a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the
past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client
Service to clients through a full range of project delivery
solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to
Work--) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for
making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and
money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a
reputation for providing quality project solutions to
semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing,
healthcare, power, and general building industries-with projects
completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional
information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture,
engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through
construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project
savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility StatementSSOE is an
equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to
all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment,
regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic
information, military / veteran status, or any other protected
group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with
the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws.
SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected
status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process,
may email their request to email@example.com for assistance.
Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be
made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under
Federal EEO laws.
Keywords: SSOE, Toledo , Senior Structural Designer (Semiconductor), Other , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!