Field Account Representative
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of
maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related
products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and
institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety
gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with
services like inventory management and technical support. These
customers represent a broad collection of industries including
commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place
orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives,
over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers
provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in
Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
- Determine, prepare and present the appropriate "Grainger Value
Proposition" to each account and review how Grainger can add value
and help with each account's purchasing needs
- Create a territory plan that optimizes call routes, maximizes
time in the field and ensures you are delivering and executing a
sales plan that meets or exceeds stated performance targets
- Consistently maintain account and customer contact and record
follow up details in Grainger's CRM.
- Consistently take a proactive approach to driving sales with
each account while utilizing a wide array of available
communication channels in order maximize their purchasing with
Grainger through all of Grainger's sales / service channels.
- Establish and/or extend current relationships with customers in
a productive and mutually beneficial manner
- Timely and responsive to customers' real-time needs.
- 1-3 years of sales or relationship building experience.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication
- High integrity in all business dealings.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- High School Diploma or GED, two or four year degree
- A valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel and have occasional overnights (dependent on
All candidates must demonstrate ability to:
- Grow revenue to stated thresholds.
- Achieve or exceed stated metrics of daily calls, customer face
time minutes, etc.
- Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion when
interacting with all accounts and determining product and service
- Effectively use quantitative skills to report accurate
information on overall results of customer interactions.
- Work in a highly matrixed organization.
- Understand buying decisions, buying processes and cash flow
dynamics of aligned customers.
- Understand and use basic selling techniques: open, probe,
presentation, over-coming objections.
- Identify opportunities, negotiate and manage sales; manage
business needs and cost requirements.
- Understand, apply and synthesize data/information regarding
customers and account package.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Grainger, Toledo , Field Account Representative, Other , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!