Apprentice Field Operator
Company: Buckeye Partners, L.P.
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Requisition Number 19-0150 Post Date 4/30/2019 Title Apprentice
Field Operator City Toledo State OH DescriptionFounded in 1886,
Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and
success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely
providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong
set of values, and empowering our employees
to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental
responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of the Top Places to Work by employees in Houston
Chronicle's-- "Top Workplaces", as well as one of Lehigh Valley's
"Top Workplaces", it is our internal culture that sets us apart
from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with
greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and
access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences.
Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to
innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first
day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking an Apprentice Field Operator
with experience in truck rack terminal operations, pipeline
operations, or pipeline maintenance in the Oil & Gas Industry to
join our growing team!
Learn truck rack terminal operations, pipeline station and delivery
work, basic preventive maintenance, and pipeline right of way
inspections, line marking, and one call observations.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful
candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
- Learn how to perform receipt, storage, and inventory control of
petroleum products and additives at truck terminals.
- Learn to set up new driver accounts, train drivers in safe
loading procedure, and issue access cards.
- Learn to perform daily folio closing, monitor terminal
loss/gain, run inventory reports, enter inventory adjustments, and
set customer allocations.
- Learn to coordinate supply of products with the scheduling
departments and suppliers (Pipeline, Terminal, Ethanol suppliers,
Additive suppliers, DRA suppliers) to optimize throughput and
minimize run-outs and containment conflicts.
- Learn to perform basic truck terminal inspections, maintenance
- Learn to gauge tanks, and coordinate and perform meter
calibration activities for pipeline and terminal facilities.
- Learn to perform product sampling and testing activities at
truck terminal and pipeline facilities.
- Maintain a good relationship with all terminal and pipeline
customers and respond to their inquiries.
- Assist with performing pipeline deliveries and station
operations as needed.
- Assist with conducting pipeline facility inspections,
preventive maintenance, and basic repairs.
- Learn how to perform pipeline right of way inspections,
preventive maintenance, basic repairs, and scraper pig
- Learn to conduct pipeline locating and marking. Monitor and
observe excavation work for damage prevention.
- Learn to handle third party pipeline encroachments and perform
property owner awareness activities.
- Assist in responding to terminal and pipeline-related
emergencies as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate documentation on all work
performed and be knowledgeable of petroleum terminal and pipeline
- Begin training and test on applicable OQ tasks.
- And other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's Degree in technical field preferred.
- Experience in truck rack terminal operations, pipeline
operations, or pipeline maintenance is preferred.
- General knowledge of equipment and maintenance of pumps,
meters, truck loading rack preferred.
- General knowledge or experience in the petroleum industry is
- Familiarity with computerized inventory control systems and
truck rack automation systems is desirable.
- Up to 25% Travel Required
Certificates & Licenses:
- Valid driver's licenses required.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Must embrace safe work practices, possess high initiative,
accept accountability, and have the ability to flourish in a team
- Basic business aptitude and an entrepreneurial mindset is
required. Mechanical aptitude, computer skills, and hand tool
experience are also required.
- This position requires an individual who has a strong
commitment to safety and team work.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills are also
- Individual must be available during non-work hours as required
and is required to carry an on-call phone at all times. Normal and
extraordinary work circumstances may require, without notice,
overtime, weekend or holiday work.
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully
perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other
federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative
and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual
attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- This role is regularly exposed to outside weather
- The incumbent must meet medical criteria established by OSHA
for emergency response
- Must be able and willing to spend on average 50% of ones time
on his/her feet
- The incumbent in this role must wear Fire Retardant Clothing
(FRC) and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate
- This position requires the ability to climb ladders (approx. 50
feet) and work comfortably and safely at heights for extended
periods of time.
- This position communicates with supervision and co-workers via
VHF radio and hand signals.
- Must be able to lift large, heavy objects weighing up to 50
pounds 1 time per day on average.
- This position is subject to DOT drug and alcohol
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess
a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and
regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and
verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount.
You must work independently and be able to exercise tact,
discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and
external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus
that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its
employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs,
generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for
the global energy business. As one of the nation's largest
independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network
providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage
refined product distribution services; our strength is to create
centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas
is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and
mid-western portions of the United States.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in
furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action,
including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c)
consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Buckeye Partners, L.P., Toledo , Apprentice Field Operator, Other , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!