Registered Clinical Dietitian - Acute Care - Toledo Hospital - Full Time - Hybrid
Posted on: November 15, 2023
*NEW PAY RATES*
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care
facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more
than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county
area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have
the area's largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up
of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent
customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced
environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years,
residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award
winner in our market. In fact, we're the only hospital in northwest
Ohio to receive this honor.
Position Summary: -
The acute care Registered Dietitian works in collaboration with the
inpatient heath care team to provide the patient centered nutrition
care based on evidence based best practice
- Identifies patients that may be at nutrition risk based on
- Obtains accurate and timely nutritional history from patient
and/or family using appropriate interviewing techniques.
- Performs age-specific nutrition assessments for our diverse
patient population based on historical, clinical and lab data,
including nutrition focused physical assessment when indicated to
identify patients at risk of malnutrition. -
- Provides appropriate interventions and initiates individualized
nutrition care plans utilizing the Academy of Nutrition and
Dietetics 'Nutrition Care Process'.
- Provides on-going monitoring and evaluation of the patient's
needs at regular intervals to assure that nutritional goals are
being met. -
- Provides appropriate recommendations for enteral and parenteral
nutrition support if the patient is unable to maintain adequate
oral nutrition. RD may manage enteral nutrition support and oversee
parenteral nutrition support when consulted by provider. -
- Attends and participates in inter-disciplinary rounds on
assigned units as needed.
- Provides education on therapeutic diets to patients and/or care
givers based on the patient's needs and provider consults. This
includes assessment of the patient's learning needs, barriers to
learning, preferred learning styles and educational level of the
- Documents assessments, reassessments and care plans in the EMR
using the standardized 'Nutrition Care Process' as per hospital
policy and procedure.
- Participates in performance improvement activities as
- Provides nutrition care to out-patients in areas such as
diabetes and oncology clinics based on provider referrals.
- Provides care according to organizational ethics, licensure,
and the Standards of Professional Practice for Dietetics.
- Applies the Joint Commission and/or other regulatory standards
in the provision of nutrition services.
- Participates as an active member of hospital committees;
represents department interests and contributes toward hospital
- Required to provide weekend and holiday coverage either on site
and/or remote coverage to provide consistent nutrition care to
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in nutrition and
dietetics or related field.
- Completion of a dietetic internship and successful completion
of the national registration exam (RD status).
- Must be able to use the hospital computer system to input and
- Must be able to follow direction, communicate effectively
(verbal and written), with compassion and empathy, respond to
- Have effective interpersonal skills
Years of Experience: One year in an acute care setting.
License: Ohio dietitians must be licensed with the State Medical
Board of Ohio.
Certification: Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic
Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Working Conditions: -Employee will be expected to wear Personal
Protective Equipment as required by the hospital. Employee should
be able to be standing, moving or walking for long lengths of time,
and this may happen for the entirety of the shift.
ProMedica -is a mission-based, not-for-profit health and well-being
organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities
in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an
insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic
business lines. The organization has more than 49,000 employees, 12
hospitals, 2,500+ physicians and advanced practice providers with
privileges, 1,000+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica
Physicians, a health plan, and 330+ assisted living facilities,
skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care
communities, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by
its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has
been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to
address social determinants of health. For more information about
ProMedica, please visit -.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion,
sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender
expression, -age, disability, military or veteran status, height,
weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , Registered Clinical Dietitian - Acute Care - Toledo Hospital - Full Time - Hybrid, Other , Maumee, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!