Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (PRN)
Company: Blanchard Valley Hospital
Posted on: September 20, 2023
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of a Diagnostic Radiologic
Technologist is to provide diagnostic radiographs efficiently and
completely for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment of
anatomical and physiologic disorders under the direction and
supervision of a Radiologist while maintaining professional ethics.
- Duty 1: Produces images of high diagnostic quality
- Duty 2: Follows Radiology imaging & procedure protocols, as
approved by Radiologist and Imaging Director
- Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge to improvise when situations are
- Duty 4: Consistently is able to multi-task work in a timely
manner and adjusts to busy or stressful situations easily.
- Duty 5: Demonstrates good problem solving skills and seeks
guidance as needed.
- Duty 6: Follows department line of management and
- Duty 7: Strives to educate self, regarding new equipment,
procedures, and protocols.
- Duty 8: Coordinates with other departments, radiologist,
receptionists, and offices to enhance productivity, customer
satisfaction & referral patterns.
- Duty 9: Applies all documentation policies, including consent
forms, pregnancy forms, contrast forms, time out verification,
- Duty 10: Explains procedures to patient, representation and or
family to ensure comfort, safety, and privacy. REQUIRED
- Registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Licensed by the state of Ohio as Radiologic Technologist
- BLS Certification within 30 days of hire
- Possess high service excellence skills.
- Computer skills required.
- Possess the ability to assess patient needs and requirements
relative to age or status.
- Possess ability and skills to follow organizational and
departmental policies and procedures.
- Accepts organizations policy regarding occupational radiation
protection monitoring, and exposure.
- On-call duties require the associate to arrive at the facility
within 45 minutes after being contacted by hospital personnel.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills
necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient
served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the
appropriate information needed to identify each patient's
requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide
the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures
- Experience preferred, but not mandatory. PHYSICAL DEMANDS This
position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent
walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting,
sitting and standing. This position requires continuous walking and
standing for extensive periods of time. The associate must be able
to lift 50 pounds or more to assist with direct patient care. The
associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal
range. Individual must have excellent eye-hand coordination, finger
dexterity to operate equipment, push and pull patients while
providing treatment, and reach above their shoulders. Associate
must have excellent verbal skills to communicate with patients,
physicians, and co-workers. This position is classified "at risk"
for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens, HIV,
Keywords: Blanchard Valley Hospital, Toledo , Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (PRN), Other , Findlay, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!