Clinical Dietitian - Bariatric Program - Full Time
Posted on: September 20, 2023
The Medical Nutrition Therapy Dietitian of the Bariatric Department
assesses plans and implements the nutrition education program as
related to Bariatric.
1. Serves as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
2. Serves as a case manager for assigned patients.
3. Performs outpatient Medical Nutrition Therapy for patients, as
ordered by Physician, both individually and in-group, both
confidently and effectively with role model expertise.
4. Provides a variety of education materials and approaches to
individualize Medical Nutrition Therapy to accommodate any patient
barriers to learning.
5. Completes patient care documentation.
6. Collaborates effectively with both General Surgery and Bariatric
staff to provide care.
7. Participates in team quality improvement initiatives.
8. Participates in staff Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Committee
9. Participates in team quality improvement initiatives.
10. Adheres to hospital and department compliance plan; assists
with documentation auditing.
11. Conducts or assists with as needed: staff orientation, annual
competency training programs and as a student preceptor.
12. Participates in planning, researching and implementation of
patient education curriculum for Bariatric services.
13. Presents consumer education programs as requested and
14. Completes continuing education hours to maintain licensure and
in the non-CDE, completes seventy five (75) hours of continuing
education required every five years as per ADA guidelines.
15. Performs all other duties as assigned.
-Education: -A BS or BA in Nutrition or Dietetics
License: -Must be Licensed and Registered Dietician in the State of
Ohio licensure (LD) through the Ohio Medical Board and Registration
(RDN) through the Commission on Dietetic Registration -
1. - - -Knowledge of metabolic/bariatric treatment, teaching
techniques and adult learning, depending on location of work
2. - - -Good interpersonal relationships with patients and
3. - - -Must be able to input and retrieve information from
4. - - -Must be able to understand directions, communicate and
respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills.
5. - - -Must be able to operate Bariatric equipment.
Physical Demands: -Must be able to move about the department and
between workstations; and prolonged periods of standing. Must be
able to frequently move, lift or carry materials weighing up to 50
lbs., 20% of the time.
ProMedica -is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare
organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. - -For more
information, please visit -
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion,
sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability,
military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or
marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , Clinical Dietitian - Bariatric Program - Full Time, Other , Perrysburg, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!