MA / Medical Assistant - Port Sylvania Family Physician - Part Time
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Being a part of a large family has advantages. With more than 500
ProMedica Physicians and advanced practice providers, our network
is the region's most complete, with connections to leading
hospitals and a wide spectrum of health services. -ProMedica
Physicians have locations serving northwest Ohio and Southeast
Michigan, all working together with a single mission: the health of
our communities. -
Functioning as a team member within a patient centric care delivery
model for high quality and service within the practice setting.
Able to proficiently and effectively navigate through multiple
information technology platforms and applications. Renders direct
patient care services under supervision demonstrating ProMedica's
values to the patient.
1. Reports for scheduled shifts on time and in a professional
manner with regard to behavior, telephone courtesy, dress,
identification, and communication with patients' colleagues, and
2. Works closely with the provider and leadership to continually
improve the patient experience though daily patient care, clerical
support, ongoing projects and assumes additional duties as needed
in a self-directed manner.
3. Prepares the patient for the visit by taking vital signs,
documenting and order entry within the EPIC system, arranging and
coordinating support and ancillary services for patient care,
preparing patient rooms for visits, stocking exam rooms, preparing
schedules, and providing general support to the providers and
patients. Performs specific specialized tests (i.e. pulmonary
function tests, phlebotomy procedures) as needed.
4. Provides for a safe patient experience through adherence to
clinical protocols, regulatory requirements, manufacturer standards
and reports any potential equipment malfunctions or safety
5. May support a variety of clerical office functions including
calls, documentation, scanning, etc.
6. Within scope of Medical Assistant, demonstrates clinical
knowledge and focuses on customer service to answer and triage
patient telephone calls. - Records complete and accurate messages
and obtains necessary instructions from providers and nurses, etc.
when appropriate. -
7. Supports internal and external customers, to maintain a superior
customer experience across the continuum of care through teamwork.
Communicates professionally with patients, providers, and
co-workers at all times. Actively participates and is engaged in
8. Collaborates with leadership and other staff to recommend
changes to improve the safety, quality, and efficiency of patient
9. Performs other duties as assigned that support ProMedica's core
- Education: Must be a high school graduate or its equivalent.
- Able to promote a strong commitment towards achieving
outstanding internal and external customer satisfaction and
superior patient experience.
- Able to work independently, prioritize, problem solve and work
cooperatively with faculty and staff.
- Certification: BLS (CPR), must present a current BLS course
card from the AHA at time of employment or obtain certification
within 90 days of hire
- Education: Completion of a recognized MA program at an
accredited college or university.
- Years of Experience: 1+ years experience in direct patient care
- Certification: Applicable medical certification preferred (MA,
EMT, STNA, etc---)
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare
organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. - For more
information, please visit -
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
-without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry,
religion, -sex/gender (including pregnancy), -sexual orientation,
gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental
disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship,
familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally
protected category. In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability
and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a
job with ProMedica, please contact -
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , MA / Medical Assistant - Port Sylvania Family Physician - Part Time, Other , Sylvania, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!