Patient Service Coordinator - Arevalo, Iracema MD - Full Time - Days
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Being a part of a large family has advantages. With more than
500 ProMedica Physicians and advanced practice providers, our
network is the region's most complete, with connections to leading
hospitals and a wide spectrum of health services. ProMedica
Physicians have locations serving northwest Ohio and Southeast
Michigan, all working together with a single mission: the health of
Key member of a patient centric care delivery model for high
quality and service within the office setting. Performs at or above
the standards of care set for the superior patient experience in
clinical and non-clinical settings. Able to proficiently and
effectively navigate through multiple information technology
platforms, EHR work queues and applications to provide and support
best practices/protocols, value based care, supporting,
implementing, and demonstrating the Core Values of ProMedica.
- Immediately greets patients and visitors as they make contact
with the practice.
- Registers new patients and verifies patient demographics and
insurance information on existing patients as they arrive for their
- Answers and/or triages patient telephone calls, records
complete and accurate messages and obtains necessary instructions
from the provider, office manager, nurses, etc. when
- Coordinates the scheduling of patient appointments following
the appropriate processes and procedures.
- Reschedules patients for follow up as requested by
- Collects the appropriate co-payment, deductible or visit fee;
as well as, outstanding balances when appropriate.
- Provides excellent patient service by documenting information
accurately, promptly and legibly in order to meet regulatory
requirements and practice standards. Utilizes medical charts,
forms, practice management systems and all forms of electronic
- Communicates professionally with patients, providers, and
co-workers at all times. Supports internal and external customers,
to maintain a superior customer experience across the continuum of
care through teamwork.
- Maintains the provider schedule to meet customer service,
access, and productivity standards of the office.
- Assists clinical staff and/or providers with outgoing phone
calls to patients, pharmacies, or other providers as
- Participates in practice staff meetings
- May function as a Medical Scribe. -Must follow System Policy
SP17-14 while functioning in this role.
- Accurately completes and submits the daily charge and payment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or its equivalent. -
- Must be able to understand directions (written and verbal),
communicate and respond to inquires.
- Able to promote a strong commitment towards achieving
outstanding internal and external customer satisfaction.
- General computer and typing proficiency. -
- Independent judgment and excellent interpersonal skills
requiring minimal supervision and guidance. -
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a customer service or clerical
ProMedica -is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare
organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. - -For more
information, please visit -
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion,
sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability,
military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or
marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , Patient Service Coordinator - Arevalo, Iracema MD - Full Time - Days, Other , Fremont, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!