Company: NSG Group
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Title:Process ImproverReports To:Production Group
Location: Rossford, OH Department:Production
- Adherence to the NSG/Pilkington Standards of Business Conduct
and its' Values and Principles.
- Participate in various training and workshops to expand the
engineering skill set.
- Together with the team and Team Leader defines problems
relating to product/process systems and implement improvement
programs to eliminate problems. Serves as part of the team and
provides support the team(s) as required.
- Instigates studies and actions to overcome quality, processing,
and safety problems to reduce waste and improve team
- With team members, monitors process performance in order to
identify areas for improvement, coordinating corrective
- Train team members in Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's),
problem solving, CI techniques (Ex: 5S, TPM, SMED) and ensure
regular audits for the maintenance of such procedures.
- Full participation in the New Model Introduction process by the
development of new products or processes and systems.
- Contribute to research and development projects to meet future
demands when necessary.
- Assist in the commissioning equipment and other systems to
ensure that introduction into the production facility is efficient
with minimal disruption.
- Coordinates testing of new materials before the introduction
into the production facility.
- Set up systems, process capability measurement, and training
team members in statistical process control (SPC), in order that
internal/external customer needs are met.
- Guarantee that process standards correspond to the company's
objectives, costs, and supplies in order to meet the needs of the
- Will own the containment and corrective action for all product
CARs and serve as a "primary" contact for all customer-site
ambassadors. This will also require travel to customer
- Develop and maintain process documentation; i.e. Process Flow,
PFMEA, Control Plan, and related Work Instructions or SOP.
- Provide actions to support site SIP (Safety Improvement Plan)
as a part of the PRISM III Program.
- Evaluate Workcell set up, Equipment, and Operating Procedure
for ergonomic impacts and provide actions for ergonomic
- Works in compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
- May be required to assist in training.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to
this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
classified. Qualifications Required:
- Aptitude to achieve proficiency in all aspects of processing
- Must be able to coach and instruct operators and process
- Knowledge of and ability to use customer and supplier prints,
SPC, pressure gauges, and monitoring devices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and the ability to work within a
- Must be proficient in the use of business software such as
Excel, Word, and MS-Outlook. Must have a demonstrated ability to
apply inferential and deductive reasoning. Qualifications Desired:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering or other
technically related fields plus two (2) years relevant experience
or Associates degree with minimum four (4) years relevant
- Plastics Engineering Degree; Manufacturing Engineering Degree;
Industrial Engineering Degree;
- Two years technical support experience in injection molding
processes (Ex: Mold Tech; Process Tech; Senior Process Tech
- Two years automotive manufacturing experience
- Automation Training/Experience (ABB, Fanuc Robotics)
- Six-Sigma Certification (Greenbelt or Black Belt)
- Training and experience in disciplined problem solving
techniques (Ex: 5-Why; 8-D; DMEAC)
Keywords: NSG Group, Toledo , Process Improver, Other , Rossford, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...