Company: FirstEnergy Corp
Posted on: March 20, 2023
FirstEnergy at a Glance We are a forward-thinking electric
utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making
customers' lives brighter, the environment better and our
communities stronger. -- FirstEnergy--(NYSE: FE) is dedicated to
integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence.
Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the
nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000
miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and
Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total
capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts. About the Opportunity This
is an open position with Toledo Edison, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy
Corp [TE]. Summary: This position is responsible for supporting
Distribution Line Operations Management by pre inspecting jobs to
ensure overall job readiness, as well as identifying and minimizing
safety exposures in the field. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate and direct a solid commitment to all aspects of
- Provide reliable support to supervision by planning and
scheduling activities, managing the work queue, staffing,
equipment, materials, tools, switching orders, permits, work
package instructions, planned outage notifications, etc.
- Assist supervision in establishing work commitment dates and
take steps to expedite delivery when necessary and/or
- Physically visit jobs to determine the job readiness state and
communicate before jobs are dispatched.
- Utilize the job readiness checklist to ensure jobs can be
- Safety Sensitive Role:
- Clear understanding of the Accident Prevention Handbook and
ability to identify and apply safe work practices and adhere to
applicable sections regarding motor vehicle safety.
- Utilize applicable critical control checklists to identify
exposures ensuring safe work execution and job site safety for self
- Support storm restoration efforts, including the ability to be
- Identify and mitigate safety exposures for self, employees, and
- Once a job is released from design, ensure job readiness, and
communicate with customers, property owners, architects, engineers,
etc. when necessary.--
- Interact with internal/external customers on inquiries
concerning construction and maintenance activities.
- Coordinate work request activities with the planner scheduler
to establish job start and completion dates.
- Gather information for job execution by performing a field
investigation which identifies items such as terrain conditions,
buildings, equipment clearances and obstacles.
- Perform pre work request assessments to facilitate optimal
resource utilization and reconcile differences between design and
- Ensure UG Utility locates are completed (i.e., OUPS, PA ONE
CALL, MISO Utility Tickets).
- Assist with Claims resolutions.
- Manage time and priorities, and update management on work in
progress, backlog of work, section productivity and all other
applicable status updates.--
- Conduct research, develop alternatives/solutions, and provide
work process improvements by anticipating needs, developing, or
recommending solutions, and accepting ownership.
- Assist management by providing technical reports and metrics to
ensure compliance with FirstEnergy practices and procedures.
Interpret report analysis and prepare recommendations based on the
- Follow existing processes and improvement practices to develop
and support appropriate documentation, communication, and
- Discuss work to be performed with Line Supervisors to address
special needs, equipment, vehicles, flaggers, and review prints
- Assist during emergencies and storm-related activities and
travel to various off-site locations as well as FirstEnergy office
locations, training facilities and customer sites, when requested.
- Attend all required regulatory training.
- Serve as backup and/or support to Planner/Scheduler position as
- May be required to provide support for or act as the call duty
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Technology or related
discipline and 0-1--years of related work experience.-- In lieu of
Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 2--years of related work experience
- Related work experience is knowledge of construction and
maintenance practices, procedures, work methods, materials,
equipment, and tools which would be used to determine the resources
necessary to perform construction and maintenance work
- Current knowledge of National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and
National Electric Code (NEC).
- Current knowledge of the Customer Guide for Electric Service
- Understand the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and
Manual of Operations, and the practical application in the
- Interpret work requests, engineering drawings, schematics,
equipment instruction manuals and procedures to develop accurate
work plans.---- ------
- Working knowledge of:
- The purpose, function, and operating characteristics of
equipment, distribution design, residential, commercial, and
utility electrical distribution systems.
- Construction methods, maintenance practices, service practices,
standards, and procedures.
- Understand and effectively apply legal and regulatory
requirements as appropriate.
- Develop, collect, organize, and analyze information from a
variety of sources to develop reports and provide information on
backlog and productivity.
- Professionalism to work with engineer and management personnel,
as well as interface and work cooperatively with customers,
contractors, and the public, in a courteous manner that
demonstrates FirstEnergy's rules of engagement.--
- Maintain strong working relationships at all levels.
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task with competing
- Provide quality customer service, both internally and
- Possess solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with PC software applications including Microsoft
Office, (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.) and Outlook, along
with knowledge of SAP, geographical information system (GIS),
customer request work scheduling (CREWS), Click, power outage
reporting system (Power On), computer aided drafting (CAD/AutoCAD)
and Energy Delivery Outage Application.-- Experience with database
query tools (Hyperion/BRIO, Business Explorer Analyzer (BEX),
- Vehicle requirements to be determined. Must possess a valid
driver's license. Qualifications for Readiness Coordinator II
include all of the above, plus:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Technology or related
discipline plus 1-2 years of related work experience.-- In lieu of
Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 3 years of related work experience
is required. Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity At
FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their
talents to meet the challenges of our changing business
environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team
efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes
competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored
pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer
contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental,
vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development
training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at
www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee
rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected
veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No
recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable
to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.Safety Safety is a
core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business
activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and
processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety
for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our
goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an
accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain
public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to
achieving world-class safety standards.Position Classification
Non-Exempt-Hourly-- -- FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Keywords: FirstEnergy Corp, Toledo , Readiness Coordinator, Other , Northwood, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...