RN / Registered Nurse -Home Care - Fostoria - Full Time - Days
Posted on: March 19, 2023
$10,000 Sign On Bonus for FT Field RN*must be external Candidate
to qualify -Implements nursing interventions and coordinates the
Patient/family interdisciplinary plan of care. Supervises personnel
to deliver care and coordinates care delivery.
- Manages a Patient and family caseload which includes assessing,
planning, implementation, evaluating and documenting the care
- Plans, coordinates and delivers nursing care to Patients and
- Supervises and documents home health aide/licensed practical
nurse plans of care and documents supervisory visits.
- Participates in on-call coverage. -
- Submits paperwork in a timely manner and updates and maintains
Patient medical records.
- Participates in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team
meetings to coordinate the care of the Patient and family, exchange
information and problem solve, and receive staff support and
- Applies the policies and procedures of the agency and the rules
and regulations of Federal and State regulatory agencies and other
certifying agencies in providing care.
- Coordinates and develops Patient/family plan of care and
ensures the care plan is current, up to date and reviewed at every
- Assesses & evaluates Patients level of care, needs and
- Participates in agency quality assessment performance
improvement (QAPI) programs.
- Ensure growth & profitability of the company through the
responsible use of company resources and educating the community to
- Assesses the Patient's response to the Plan of Care and
recommends changes as needed.
- Meets or exceeds established productivity standards.
- Provides education to the Patient/family regarding the disease
process, self care techniques, prevention strategies, rehab nursing
procedures and community resources for discharge planning.
- Initial and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient's needs
including Outcome and Assessment Set (OASIS) at appropriate time
- Evaluating Outcomes of Care.
- Provide counseling to Patient/family regarding disease process,
end of life and ethical issues.
- Willingly accepts direction from Director of Professional
- Participates in community programs and committees, as
- Supervises LPN/LVNs, home health aides and paraprofessionals
providing services to the patient according to regulatory
- Monitors that documentation from LPN/LVN, home health aides are
- Participates in in-service programs.
- Assesses the ability of the caregiver to meet the patient's
needs at admission and throughout care.
- Evaluates patient/family response to care on an on-going basis.
Communicates information using current process and technology
available to the organization.
- Ensures that employees are adequately oriented and trained to
assignment; assists and encourages employees in developing their
skills and self confidence.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Prepares clinical progress notes that demonstrate
progress towards goals. Coordinates patient/family services and
prioritization of needs with members of the interdisciplinary team.
Uses case management approach and refers to other services as
needed. Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the
patient's needs and outcomes of intervention. Determines scope and
frequency of services needed based on acuity and patient/family
- Adheres to established personnel policies.
- Accepts other assignments deemed appropriate - -PATIENT RIGHTS
- Ensures that care is provided with respect for patient
- Ensures protected health information is kept confidential.
- Reports complaints made by patients or families to the
- Adheres to established personnel policies.
- Reports allegations of patient abuse, neglect and/or
misappropriation of patient property. -Safety and Sanitation
- Follows standard precautions and infection control
- Reports all accidents and incidents observed.
- Identifies and responds appropriately to emergency
- Assures safety needs of the patients are addressed and met.
- Educates staff in clinical aspects, as needed.
- Attends in-services and meetings as required.
- Participates in orientation of new staff. - -Delivery of Care
- Participates in in-service training as requested by the
- Reviews and evaluates medical treatment plans for all Patients
- Communicates appropriate clinical information to the
interdisciplinary team regarding - - Patient/family needs.
- Provides documentation of Patient visits on the clinical
- In conjunction with the physician develops and orders treatment
appropriate with the - - - - - - - - Patient's disease progression
and document appropriately.
- Addresses Patient care needs with families and significant
others as appropriate. -Special Activities/Attributes
- Collaborates with all service providers furnishing contract
services to the Patient.
- Participates in developing and updating policies and procedures
- Maintains confidentiality of necessary information.
- Thinks and acts calmly and logically to meet unusual
occurrences of the job.
- Maintains proper documentation for billing.
- Manages time efficiently and effectively.
- Interfaces with Patients, families and staff to ensure customer
- Develops a comprehensive discharge plan based on the
interdisciplinary team assessment.
- In conjunction with the physician, evaluates need for
appropriate diagnostic studies and/or tests.
- Communicates effectively with Patients, families and other
health care providers.
- Maintains clinical competency by assuming responsibility for
acquiring knowledge and experience to meet learning needs. -Team
- Create positive image between co-workers.
- Promote positive inter-agency communication.
- Instill confidence in staff members and build self-esteem
through acceptance and recognition of employees.
- Provide role modeling of team work, accountability and a
- Demonstrate and encourage appropriate problem solving
methods.Years of Experience:A minimum of 6 months institutional
nursing experience within the past 3 years, unless state
regulations differ. The Director of Professional Services or
Administrator may waive this experience requirement based upon a
personal interview. Registered Nurses providing skilled
intervention for PASSPORT Patients must have 2 years experience as
an RN.License:Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the
state and in good standing with the Board in which he/she will
practice. - -WORKING CONDITIONSPatient's home/living facilities.
Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection,
illness, and physical contact from disruptive Patients. -Physical
Demands: -Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and or
carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; Walking, standing,
talking, hearing, pushing, fingering, reaching, seeing, stooping,
smelling, depth perception, color vision, driving -Travel: -
-Necessary on a daily basis; 100%. - -The above list of
accountabilities is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work performed by the positions; it should not be
considered exhaustive. -Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression, - age,
disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or
marital status, or genetics. -Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , RN / Registered Nurse -Home Care - Fostoria - Full Time - Days, Other , Cygnet, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...