Patient Care Tech 4-North: FT 7a-7p
Company: Firelands Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- Retention Bonus: $1,000!
- Lifestyle: Sandusky was voted "Best Coastal Small Town in
America". You will have the opportunity to enjoy living and working
in this growing area along the beautiful shores of Lake
- Work/life: Alternates every 3rd weekend. You will find support
to help you manage your personal life while building a
- Employee-centric: Tuition reimbursement, loan forgiveness,
comprehensive major medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time
off, 401(k), health and wellness offerings, monthly employee
events, and more.
- Career Advancement: If you are interested in becoming a RN, the
Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing is conveniently
located within our health system and is in partnership with Bowling
Green State University (BGSU) Firelands College.
About Firelands Health:
Our goal at Firelands Health is to be the best & preferred
independent healthcare employer for the Sandusky Bay region.
Firelands Health is the area's largest and most comprehensive
resource for quality medical care. We are "big enough to care for
you, and small enough to care about you". We are locally managed
and governed as a not-for-profit healthcare facility, serving the
counties of Erie, Ottawa, Sandusky, and Huron, covering a regional
service area with over 300,000 residents. Our mission is to provide
excellent healthcare, promote community wellness, and improve the
lives we serve.
Our Core ACE Values: Attitude: We choose to be positive and
inclusive every day. Commitment: We are committed to exceed the
expectations of those we serve. Enthusiasm: We will work
passionately to make a difference.
What You Will Do:
- Assists with delivering patient care: obtain patient vital
signs, assist with feeding, toileting, hygiene care, finger-stick
blood sugar readings, maintain skin integrity, perform EKGs, and
ambulate and transfer patients.
- Perform routine procedures including surgical skin preps and
- Schedules diagnostic procedures/tests/appointments, effectively
communicating and co-coordinating orders with Physicians, Charge
Nurses, direct care givers, ancillary departments, and other
- Answers call lights timely and notifies appropriate personnel
of patient needs immediately.
- Demonstrates service excellence and strives to assist the unit
to meet established goals for our patient satisfaction.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient's condition and takes
- Collect data, report information and/or perform interventions
for the purpose of improving a variety of quality issues.
- Obtain patient information/data and observes
- Orders and enters charges for procedures, supplies, equipment
- Reports problems or concerns to the appropriate person or
department and will assist in the resolution whenever
- Must be flexible, maintain adaptability, be a team player and
able to work in a stressful environment.
- Positive professional communication skills and guest relations;
projects a positive impression of the Medical Center.
- Perform VS, height, weight, and visual acuity in
- Assist with sterile field set up for suturing and
- May perform other patient care activities as trained and
directed by the RN.
What You Will Need:
- Previous hospital experience preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to
work with minimal supervision.
- Current BLS certification required or obtained within 30 days
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Firelands Health, Toledo , Patient Care Tech 4-North: FT 7a-7p, Other , Sandusky, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!