Housekeeper - Environmental Services - Full Time and Part Time - Afternoons
Posted on: January 27, 2023
ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital is a 25-bed, acute-care
Critical Access Hospital serving the residents of Fostoria and
surrounding communities. Patients at Fostoria Community Hospital
have access to state-of-the-art diagnostic, emergency and surgical
facilities, as well as general medical care and inpatient intensive
care. We are committed to providing our patients with convenient
access to compassionate care and the latest technological
advancements in medical care and treatment. Established in 1930,
ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital has proudly cared for
generations of patients and families.
As a Housekeeper, you will clean and prepare areas in order to
maintain clean and sanitary conditions for guest, patient, and
staff occupancy. Provide general cleaning and services to patient
rooms, rest rooms, nurses' stations, corridors, conference rooms,
utility rooms, treatment areas, kitchens, solariums, offices,
lobbies, lounges, stairwells and waiting rooms.
With this position, some additional duties include:
- Cleans and makes unoccupied beds
- Cleans and services patient rooms after receiving discharge
notification. Prepares patient unit for new admission
- Notifies appropriate staff of room/bed readiness
- Performs other duties as directed
- Requires attention to detail, ability to follow written and
verbal directions and the ability to work with minimal
- Ability to move about the hospital and between
- Provide excellent customer service and respond to
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate and utilize pagers, vacuums, putty knives,
carts and trash mobiles.
- Ability to tolerate unpleasant odors and possible exposure to
communicable diseases and body fluids; must be able to tolerate
exposure to dust, chemicals, and sewage.
- Ability to constantly move, lift or carry light to medium
weight equipment furniture, etc, and occasionally move, lift or
carry very heavy weight equipment or furniture etc.
- Must be able to wear N95 or PAPR hood.
- Stoop bend, reach, stretch, push and pull. Must be able to move
and/or lift material and dirty rags weighing up to 10 lbs., 70% of
the time; move carts weighing up to 40 lbs., 10% of the time; and
move carts weighing up to 50 lbs., 20% of the time.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare
organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information,
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion,
sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability,
military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or
marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , Housekeeper - Environmental Services - Full Time and Part Time - Afternoons, Other , Fostoria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!