Systems Performance Engineer
Posted on: November 26, 2022
When you join VerizonVerizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing...Customers expect our networks to
perform at a high level all the time. That's where you come in. You
will investigate, evaluate and resolve network and data performance
issues to ensure efficient and reliable service for our customers.
The work you'll be doing will directly impact customer satisfaction
and help keep us ahead of the competition.
- Evaluating service performance trends and isolating root causes
of impacted services.
- Performing VoLTE testing and analyses of relevant key
- Coordinating technical investigations and testing with
appropriate regional, area and HQ functions.
- Providing technical analysis, troubleshooting, and training
assistance to markets and regions as requested.
- Optimizing LTE and RAN networks using traditional and
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints regarding
- Integrating new cell sites, small cells, and DAS systems into
existing macro network.Where you'll be working...This hybrid role
will have a defined work location that includes work from home and
assigned office days as set by the manager.What we're looking
for...You have a good customer service orientation. You like to
take ownership of an issue and resolve it successfully. You are
able to understand and evaluate a problem and present solutions.
You work well independently as well as effectively with diverse
business teams and vendors to implement solutions.You'll need to
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of LTE including VoLTE, 5G, and RAN networks.
- Knowledge of IP and transport protocols.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Valid driver's license.Even better if you have one or more of
- A degree.
- Knowledge of at least one data collection tool such as Datapro,
and TEMS Symphony.
- Knowledge of data analysis/post-processing tools such as
Irisview, Windcatcher/Actix/TEMS Discovery.
- Knowledge of propagation and optimization modeling tools such
as Planet, GeoPlan, ACP, DB Planner.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Python, Unix,
- Knowledge of mapping software such as MapInfo, ArcGIS,
- Knowledge of Nokia/Samsungsystems including OSS and 3GPP LTE
- Ability to differentiate and diagnose RAN and CORE related
- Knowledge of IMS and systems engineering aspects related to RAN
and proficiency in Core level call flow analysis.If Verizon and
this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even
if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed
above.Equal Employment OpportunityWe're proud to be an equal
opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences,
including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At
Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed
to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages
authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for
everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their
potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and
inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: VerizonMedia, Toledo , Systems Performance Engineer, Other , Maumee, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!