Tutor - Tu/Th during school day
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Do you have a passion for changing the lives of children?Become
a Kelly Tutor in Toledo, OH today!
With learning continually being challenged and interrupted,
America's students need tutors now more than ever. Tutoring is a
wonderful opportunity to provide equitable support to students,
help them gain confidence, and guide them in areas where they're
struggling. Step up, become a tutor, and help students accelerate
their learning! The role of a tutor.
- This position will be tutoring, but not in a traditional sense.
This role focuses on assisting high school students in making
decisions, understanding problems, and taking action.
- Developing thought processes and problem-solving skills. These
types of skills help with becoming an adult and navigating through
situations and getting ready for college.
- Work in small group sessions with students during school. These
sessions will be in-person.
- Understand student learning gaps based on information given to
you and teach district-provided curriculum that is tailored to each
- Also assist with homework, projects, and other academic
- Foster strong and positive relationships with students through
significant, consistent, and regular amounts of time.
- Evaluate and report student progress.
- Work in collaboration with classroom teachers and school
administration, under the direct supervision of the Kelly -
Education Tutoring Solutions Team.
Specific information about the Kelly - Education tutoring program
in Toledo, OH.
- Provide in-person tutoring/mentoring sessions under the
direction of the schools' teachers to provide targeted
- Tutors will be trained via the AVID methodology
- During the school day, start/end times vary by location
- Tuesdays and Thursday, 4-6 hours per day
- Starting week of October 3rd
- Compensation: $25-30/hour, weekly pay, benefits offered
- Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or enrolled in
- Experience tutoring and/or teaching students preferred Perks
you'll enjoy as a Kelly - Education tutor.
- Consistent Tuesday/Thursday schedule
- Ongoing tutor methodology training, coaching, and support from
our dedicated Tutoring Solutions Team
- Paid orientation about district policies and procedures so you
understand school culture and requirements
- Free, online professional development to help you grow in the
fields of education or other areas of interest
- Pathways to become a certified educator through the Kelly
Education Accelerated Certification and Education program
- Weekly pay through direct deposit or reloadable pay card
- Kelly-sponsored affordable health care for eligible
You should know.Your safety matters-and so does the safety of the
students you may tutor! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a
requirement for this job in compliance with current school district
and governmental policies. A Kelly - recruiter will confirm and
share more details with you during the interview process.
Our commitment.Because Kelly - Education is committed to ensuring
our tutors work in safe environments, we operate under the
collective guidance of the Center of Disease Control (CDC), state
officials, and school district administration. We want to make sure
our employees are adequately protected by district policies and
procedures. We are also committed to providing equal employment
opportunities in recruitment, selection, training, compensation,
promotion, job transfer, and assignments. We base employment
decisions only on valid job requirements.
What happens next.Once you apply, a Kelly - Education recruiter
will contact you to set up an interview if your skills and
experience look like a good fit for our tutoring program. But don't
worry-even if this position doesn't work out, you're still in our
network. That means all of our recruiters will have access to your
profile, expanding your work opportunities even more.
WHY KELLY EDUCATION?Kelly - Education connects passionate people
with great jobs in local schools. Whether you're looking to work a
few days a week or every day, we'll connect you with flexible work
you can feel good about. Even if you're new to the education field,
our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be a
successful tutor-positively impacting students' learning and making
a difference in their lives.
ABOUT KELLYAt Kelly -, we're always thinking about what's next and
advising job seekers in new ways of working to reach their full
potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton
of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what
we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.Kelly is
an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse
workforce. We do not discriminate against age, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, or
religion, nor do we discriminate against minorities, veterans, or
individuals with disabilities. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Toledo , Tutor - Tu/Th during school day, Other , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!