Medical Assistant - Certified
Company: University of Toledo
Posted on: September 24, 2022
University of Toledo Physicians' mission is to improve the human
condition through excellence in patient care and medical discovery.
Representing more than 200 physicians, UT Physicians are leaders in
clinical care, research and education of the future physicians,
providing care in a wide range of medical specialties from the most
complex diagnoses and treatments to primary care for the entire
family. The primary site of inpatient care services is at the
University of Toledo Medical Center, but many of our physicians'
practice at hospitals and medical offices throughout the region.
University of Toledo Physicians offers competitive pay and benefits
including: 403B, Pension, health and tuition waiver at UT. The
Certified Medical Assistant will provide routine clerical tasks
under the supervision of a physician. This position will work
within a collaborative care model with patients and various
specialty clinics. Responsible for assisting physicians and other
healthcare providers with patient care, clerical, environmental,
and organizational tasks. Responsible for appointment scheduling
and chart management. Provides information to patients so they may
fully utilize and benefit from clinic services. Conveys a positive
image of the clinical and organization ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND
- Perform clinical procedures under supervision of physician or
- Physical exam preparations, clinical pharmacology, drug
administrations through various routes including injections
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measure
vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature,
and document all information in patient's chart
- Communicate instructions to patients as instructed by physician
or healthcare provided in a clear and professional manner
- Ensure all related reports, labs, and information is available
in patients medical record prior to their appointment (chart
- Prescription verification with physician's order
- Minor surgical assists with in-office procedures, surgical tray
set up, pre/post op surgical care, dressing applications, and
- Capillary, venipunctures, and CLIA waived testing procedures
while adhering to laboratory guidelines and MA scope of practice.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies,
maintain instruments, and prepare sterilization as required.
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office
staff to physicians and physician assistants.
- Maintain accurate logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator
temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen,
cold sterilization fluid change, sample medication log, etc.).
- May assist with various specialty duties, such as but not
limited to: EKG testing (assembling necessary equipment for 12-Lead
EKG), pulmonary testing, urology testing, hydrogen breath testing,
- Cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment
between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Must be a champion for quality indicators with the ACO and
other payers to ensure progression for achieving excellent quality
initiative standards on a quarterly basis.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned which
include, respecting/promoting patient rights, responding
appropriately to emergencies, and sharing problems relating to
patients and/or staff with immediate supervisors quickly.
- Other duties as assigned REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- RMA, CMA, or CCMA
- BLS Certification
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills to work with Physicians,
Patients, and Employees at all levels
- Clinical Proficiency
- High degree of professionalism and strong work ethic
- Demonstrate basic computer skills. MS Office proficiency.
- Excellent judgement and discretion required in handling highly
sensitive, privileged, and confidential information in a respectful
manner and in accordance with HIPPA PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Diploma from an accredited Medical Assisting
- Years of Experience: 1+ years of experience
- Previous experience as an STNA, EMT, MA, or similar work
experience WORKING CONDITIONS
- Occasional lifting, up to approximately 50 pounds
- Sitting, standing, walking, talking, and hearing
- Primarily inside in well-lighted, well-ventilated areas
- Exposure to medical patients in a clinical setting; including
direct care and close proximity The above list of duties is
intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed
by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people
so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of
any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees
under his/her supervision. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability,
military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital
status, or genetics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: University of Toledo, Toledo , Medical Assistant - Certified, Other , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!