Assistant/Associate Athletic Trainer
Company: Tiffin University
Posted on: September 24, 2022
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION Tiffin University is seeking qualified
applicants for the Assistant/Associate Athletic Trainer position.
This position is a full-time appointment within the Tiffin
University Athletics Department, providing primary medical care to
our Volleyball, Women's Basketball, and Men's Golf programs. This
is a 12-month contract renewable annually.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the primary medical care provider for injuries
sustained to Tiffin University student-athletes and other
responsibilities as assigned by the head athletic trainer.
- The assistant athletic trainer is responsible for providing
quality comprehensive health care through prevention, evaluation,
treatment of injury or illness, and acting as a therapist to
rehabilitate injuries sustained through participation in
intercollegiate athletics at Tiffin University.
- This position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and
objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program. This shall
include adhering to the principles of the Athletic Department's
Mission Statement, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, Core
Values, Policies, and Procedures, as well as the rules and
regulations of the University, the GMAC, and the NCAA.
- The Assistant Athletic Trainer will have obtained a degree in
athletic training from a CAATE accredited athletic training
education program. They will hold current certification from the
NATABOC and Licensure to practice athletic training from the state
of Ohio Board of OTPTAT.
- Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certification is also
- Prevention of athletic injuries and illnesses.
- Evaluation of athletic injuries.
- Treatment of athletic injuries.
- Operation therapeutic modalities.
- Fitting of protective devices and braces.
- Oversee the daily operation of the athletic training room.
- Complete and submit insurance claims to the secondary athletic
- Providing counseling and education to student-athletes.
- Athletic training administrative duties as assigned.
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling medical coverage for
home and away competitions.
- Scheduling or work-study students for coverage.
- Supervision, education, and recruitment of student athletic
- Recordkeeping and documentation.
- Work with physicians and other allied health professionals to
deliver care to student-athletes.
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB Education:
- A Bachelor's degree from a CAATE accredited institution is
required. A Master's degree is preferred. Certification/License:
- Must be certified by the NATABOC and secure a license to
practice athletic training in the State of Ohio. Experience:
- A minimum of 0-2 years of successful athletic training
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A record of integrity and leadership.
- A willingness to advance the goals of the Tiffin University
Department of Athletics.
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Keywords: Tiffin University, Toledo , Assistant/Associate Athletic Trainer, Other , Tiffin, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!