Early Childhood Classroom Aide
Company: YMCA of Greater Toledo
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Name: Early Childhood Classroom Aide
(Part-Time)Location: Wolf Creek YMCA Anderson Enrichment Center
Position Type: Part-Time - Monday-Friday 6am-9am OR 2pm-5pm Pay:
$11.50 to $13.00 per hour - $200 Signing Bonus Also Available
(after employed for 90 days)Be a difference maker, with the YMCA of
Greater Toledo. We are a Cause Driven community of collaborative,
bold, fun, dedicated individuals, whose passion is the many
children we guide, teach, and protect every day. As early education
leaders, we're making a strong, lasting, positive impact on
children. Here, you'll find a dynamic environment and culture that
is open, friendly, welcoming, and collaborative. Are you ready to
be an inspiring, innovative force that prepares children for
elementary school-and beyond? Their future begins now. And so does
yours.Regardless of your role with us, you'll find so many things
to love when you become part of our team. There's our fun,
challenging work environment. There's the awesome team and
supportive organization. You'll find that everyone in YMCA of
Greater Toledo has the same goal: to prepare children for school
and inspire them to be lifelong learners. Flexible, Creative, Fun,
nurturing, positive...we're not just saying it. You'll find these
things being demonstrated here, every day.Job ResponsibilitiesUnder
the direction of the Site Director and/or Assistant Director and
Lead Teacher, the Preschool Teacher Aide is responsible for
carrying out the day to day tasks assigned by the Lead teacher at
the specified site. She/he will be responsible for helping in
leading program activities, assessment, snack preparation, and
communicating effectively with the children, their parents,
YMCA/JCC personnel, and the center guest when needed and as
assigned by the lead teacher.Qualifications
- An understanding and knowledge of children, their behavior and
- Specific knowledge in developmentally appropriate practices for
the age group.
- Must have or enroll in CPR, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention,
and Prevention of Infectious Diseases.
- Warm and friendly personality and the willingness to interact
with the children.
- Meet ODJFS licensing qualifications in training and background
- Maintain safe and secure environment for children, being aware
of child activities at all times.
- Work as a team member with other staff.
- Help to maintain a learning environment with developmentally
- Communicate effectively with children, their parents, other
YMCA/JCC staff, and center guest.
- Report any concerns to your supervisor.
- Respond to emergencies according to YMCA/JCC procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding personal information on
children and staff.
- Take direction from Lead Teacher.Why Work At The Y?
- Future employers respect the YWhen future employers see the Y
on your resume, they think of an organization with global ties that
has been around for more than 100 years. We have a reputation for
hiring good people who do great things.
- Every day is something newWhenever you work or wherever you
work, every day is a new adventure. One moment you'll be helping
kids with homework and the next you'll be leading a big art project
or games outside.
- Free Y membershipWhen you work for the Y, we offer you all the
perks of being a Y member including access to all branches and
discounts on classes, child care, and camp.
- The job is designed with your schedule in mindPart-time and
full-time positions are available, making jobs at the Y ideal for
- The best coworkers everEveryone that works at the Y shares a
passion for making their communities a better place, especially for
kids. Don't be surprised if you leave your Y with great
professional experience and new friends.Along with competitive pay,
the YMCA of Greater Toledo offers exceptions benefits which include
- Complimentary YMCA membership for all employees. Full time
employees will receive a complimentary YMCA membership for their
- A rewarding career with professional growth and advancement
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative and
- Full time employees are eligible to receive quality health
insurance (medical, dental and vision) with affordable
- Full time employees also receive (at no cost to them) Long Term
Disability and Life Insurance coverage.
- All employees are eligible to participate in the YMCA's
excellent retirement fund. The YMCA of Greater Toledo is a drug
free workplace and is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity
prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, genetic
information, disability or veteran status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Toledo, Toledo , Early Childhood Classroom Aide, Other , Maumee, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!