Housekeeper - Environmental Services - Per Diem - Afternoons
Posted on: August 7, 2022
OverviewThe Registered Nurse provides nursing care to
individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge,
judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological,
physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing
sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of
nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their
designated state for which they are practicing in addition to
compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting
bodies.Full-TimeLevel: MidTravel: NoSuccessProfileWho is the ideal
Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who
are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
Additional success profiles:
Detail oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Responsible, Sincere,
Retirement & Savings Plan
Innovative Training Programs
Tuition AssistanceCareer Stability
Comprehensive Health CoverageJob RequirementsProMedica Flower
Hospital is located in Sylvania OH, a suburb of Toledo, OH. - Among
being located in one of the area's most beautiful landscapes,
Sylvania offers a high-quality lifestyle for its residents with
Sylvania's public school as one of the finest in the region, rated
as "Excellent" by the state of Ohio. There are many outdoor
activities to enjoy at our nationally recognized Pacesetter Park,
along with music and entertainment found at Centennial Terrace and
Downtown Sylvania, and the LPGA annual tournament. - The Flower
Hospital campus is a 311-bed facility that houses the Hickman
Cancer Center, ER Trauma Center, and is the regional leader for
inpatient adult psychiatric services. - The campus includes, the
Goerlich Center, which provides residence for patients with
Alzheimer's and Dementia, along with the Ebeid Center our hospice
facility. -Position SummaryOur Environmental Services Technicians
are responsible for executing the daily duties required to
establish and maintain a safe, hygienic, and aesthetically pleasing
care environment. -While executing the assigned tasks, the EVS Tech
will have contact with patients, visitors, and clinical and
non-clinical staff. Great customer service and a friendly can-do
attitude will ensure your success. Our techs are responsible for
ensuring the cleanliness and safety of patient rooms and common
areas throughout the Toledo Hospital campus within the basic
principles of environmental hygiene and infection prevention. The
environmental services technician, in accordance with
organizational standards of quality, is an essential contributor to
cleaning, disinfection, infection prevention and a positive patient
- Responsible for daily occupied and discharge/transfer cleaning
and disinfection of patient rooms, as well as other common areas of
their job assignment such as rest rooms, nurses' stations,
corridors, conference rooms, utility rooms, treatment areas,
kitchens, offices, lobbies, lounges, stairwells and waiting rooms.
Other assigned areas may include surgery OR's, labor and delivery,
emergency department and other procedural areas. -
- Performs duties while demonstrating working knowledge of the
health care cleaning and disinfecting principles and requirements
as well as proper and safe chemical use.
- Adheres to all organization safety, risk management and
infection control guidelines and standards while promoting a
culture of safety.
- Actively participates in departmental performance improvement
initiatives, including but not limited to initiatives to improve
patient experience and cleanliness metrics. -
- Maintains cleaning cart(s), supplies and equipment evidence by
properly stocking and restocking environmental services cart in a
neat and orderly fashion. -
- Removes trash and other waste and transports to the appropriate
disposal area while identifying proper waste streams handling.
- Follows all infection prevention practices (i.e. proper
cleaning and disinfection protocols and process, hand hygiene,
standard & isolation precautions, as well as proper donning and
doffing of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Recognizes and adheres to patient privacy requirements (HIPAA).
- Practices critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates personal accountability and shows appropriate
respect to co-workers, patients and visitors.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate resources to ensure
problems or concerns are followed through and resolved.
- Demonstrates knowledge of facility safety requirements. -
- Demonstrates the ability to operate and properly maintain all
EVS tools and equipment needed to clean and disinfect the
- Demonstrates flexibility with regards to daily work assignment
and assigned tasks.
- May be asked to assist with on-boarding and peer-training of
new Environmental Technicians.
- Requires attention to detail, ability to follow written and
verbal directions and the ability to work with minimal
- Ability to move about the hospital and between workstations.
- Provide excellent customer service and respond to
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate and utilize pagers, vacuums, putty knives,
carts and trash mobiles.
- Ability to tolerate unpleasant odors and possible exposure to
communicable diseases and body fluids; must be able to tolerate
exposure to dust and chemicals.
- Ability to constantly move, lift or carry light to medium
weight equipment furniture, etc. and occasionally move or lift
heavy equipment or furniture.
- Must be able to wear N95 or PAPR hood. -
- Stoop bend, reach, stretch, push and pull. - -Must be able to
move and/or lift material and damp mops or towels weighing up to 10
lbs., 70% of the time; move carts weighing up to 40 lbs., 10% of
the time; and move carts weighing up to 50 lbs., 20% of the
- Performs other duties as directed.
- High School Diploma desired/preferred.
- Certified Health Care Environmental Services Technician (CHEST)
and/or Certified Surgical Cleaning Technician (CSCT)
- Special Skills/ Equipment:
- Can demonstrate effective use of computers and/or mobile
devices for daily job performance activities.
- Ability to read/write English at 6th-9th grade level
- Respectfully listens to viewpoints and ideas of others.
- Ability to communicate orally or in writing openly and
candidly, creates an environment where co-workers and team members
reciprocate in kind. -ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit
integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio.
- For more information, please visit -Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender
expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or
protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status,
genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if
you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in
order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact -Equal
Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , Housekeeper - Environmental Services - Per Diem - Afternoons, Other , Sylvania, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!