Procurement Specialist - Cullet
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Description
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne, a cold
beer after a hard day's work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water
to quench the thirst, well it was probably made by us, we are O-I
and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the
world.O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure,
sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world's
best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high
quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food,
non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.Job
- Develop and execute strategic sourcing activities for assigned
spend categories, leveraging industry best practices, commodity
experience, sourcing methodology and global partnerships whenever
possible, under the supervision of the Procurement Manager.
- Proactively aligns stakeholders and necessary support
internally for successful project implementation.
- Develops RFI / RFP / RFQ for new and existing products.
- Procures material from vendor in a cost effective manner while
remaining consistent with quality, delivery, and project
- Negotiates vendor contracts, reviews and ensures vendor
performance to assure contract fulfillment and internal customer
- Implement sourcing projects across multiple plants for
standardization, preferred supplier utilization, cost savings and
- Researches and analyzes quotations received, selects or
- Analyzes and reports preferred vendor utilization, savings
project completion, supplier savings validations, inflation,
inventory history, utilization/consumption, etc.
- Takes proactive approach to resolve issues with vendors and
internal customers utilizing organizational savvy, strong
analytical and problem solving skills.
- Assists with other / specific projects as needed.
- Builds trust based, service oriented, value added relationships
with suppliers, internal customers, teammates and cross-functional
- Deliver cost savings to EBIT, CASH and Cost Avoidance targets.
SCOPE AND IMPACTThis position will assist in executing sourcing
strategies against approximately $100M in MRO spend; which will
consist of both leading and supporting various souring projects.
This position will support 18 plants and multiple support locations
in North America and will also participate in global MRO sourcing
initiatives as needed.Qualifications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in related field.(Procurement / Supply
- 3-5 years of procurement/sourcing experience
- Negotiation experience required.
- Experience and Knowledge of the Sourcing process.
- Technical experience MRO: Mechanical Supply, Personal
Protective Equipment, Chemical Supplies, Refractory Expendables,
Lubricants, Electrical/electronic Supply, Cold and Hot End
- Systems: Inventory controls, Bar Coding Systems, SAP, Business
Objects, Smart Stream, Excel (advanced), PowerPoint.TRAVEL
REQUIREMENTS10% travel may be required for training and/or project
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of
disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process,
or in order to perform the essential functions of a position,
please contact O-I at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the
nature of your request and your contact information.
Keywords: O-I, Toledo , Procurement Specialist - Cullet, Other , Perrysburg, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!