Patient Service Coordinator - Family Practice of Toledo - Full Time - Days
Posted on: August 6, 2022
OverviewThe Registered Nurse provides nursing care to
individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge,
judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological,
physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing
sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of
nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their
designated state for which they are practicing in addition to
compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting
bodies.Full-TimeLevel: MidTravel: NoSuccessProfileWho is the ideal
Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who
are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
Multi-tasker 8Additional success profiles:
Detail oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Responsible, Sincere,
Retirement & Savings Plan
Innovative Training Programs
Tuition AssistanceCareer Stability
Comprehensive Health CoverageJob RequirementsBeing a part of a
large family has advantages. With more than 500 ProMedica
Physicians and advanced practice providers, our network is the
region s most complete, with connections to leading hospitals and a
wide spectrum of health services. ProMedica Physicians have
locations serving northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan, all
working together with a single mission: the health of our
communities. Position SummaryKey member of a patient centric care
delivery model for high quality and service within the office
setting. Performs at or above the standards of care set for the
superior patient experience in clinical and non-clinical settings.
Able to proficiently and effectively navigate through multiple
information technology platforms, EHR work queues and applications
to provide and support best practices/protocols, value based care,
supporting, implementing, and demonstrating the Core Values of
- Immediately greets patients and visitors as they make contact
with the practice.
- Registers new patients and verifies patient demographics and
insurance information on existing patients as they arrive for their
- Answers and/or triages patient telephone calls, records
complete and accurate messages and obtains necessary instructions
from the provider, office manager, nurses, etc. when
- Coordinates the scheduling of patient appointments following
the appropriate processes and procedures.
- Reschedules patients for follow up as requested by
- Collects the appropriate co-payment, deductible or visit fee;
as well as, outstanding balances when appropriate.
- Provides excellent patient service by documenting information
accurately, promptly and legibly in order to meet regulatory
requirements and practice standards. Utilizes medical charts,
forms, practice management systems and all forms of electronic
- Communicates professionally with patients, providers, and
co-workers at all times. Supports internal and external customers,
to maintain a superior customer experience across the continuum of
care through teamwork.
- Maintains the provider schedule to meet customer service,
access, and productivity standards of the office.
- Assists clinical staff and/or providers with outgoing phone
calls to patients, pharmacies, or other providers as
- Participates in practice staff meetings
- May function as a Medical Scribe. Must follow System Policy
SP17-14 while functioning in this role.
- Accurately completes and submits the daily charge and payment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or its equivalent.
- Must be able to understand directions (written and verbal),
communicate and respond to inquires.
- Able to promote a strong commitment towards achieving
outstanding internal and external customer satisfaction.
- General computer and typing proficiency.
- Independent judgment and excellent interpersonal skills
requiring minimal supervision and guidance.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a customer service or clerical
setting. ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated
healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more
information, please visit Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender
expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or
protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status,
genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if
you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in
order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , Patient Service Coordinator - Family Practice of Toledo - Full Time - Days, Other , Sylvania, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!