Vacuum Truck Operator
Company: Clean Harbors, Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
HydroChemPSC is looking for an Equipment Operator to join their
safety conscious team! The Operator is responsible for the safe
operation of vacuum trucks and equipment to complete single task
jobs requiring one crew as well as turnarounds with management
oversight at client sites. Successful operators are team oriented,
and highly motivated. Operators receive on the job training as
needed to ensure they can safely and effectively operate and
maintain vacuum equipment in accordance with appropriate
regulations, equipment specifications, and in line HPC company
policies, practices, and procedures.
HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial
cleaning and environmental services company in North America
supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors.
HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system,
innovative career development platform, committed customer service,
deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We
are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance.
We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for
our customers and the most comprehensive training and career
development for our employees.
* Operates Vacuum truck and Jet-Rodder.
* Labels, marks, and manifests shipments in accordance with
applicable DOT regulations and HPC policies, practices and
* Loads shipment onto trucks appropriately.
* Interacts with customer regarding job status, client
requirements, and assures customer satisfaction
* Operates vehicle safely at all times.
* Maintains a current driver's license, or CDL as required.
* Obtains a license for the state of residence within 90 days.
* Safely transports hazardous & non-hazardous waste while operating
* Completes a vehicle inspection report to assure vehicles and
equipment are safe to operate before leaving company premises.
* CDL drivers assure brake adjustment inspections are completed
prior to use.
* Maintains a drivers log as required to assure compliance with all
* Operates and maintains trucks and equipment per manufactures
* Does not modify any vehicle or piece of equipment without written
permission from the manufacturer and HPC management.
* Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and driving
* Trained on the installation, operation, and repairs of mechanical
devices such as pumps, valves, PTO's etc.
* May troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs as long as they
have the knowledge to complete the task safely.
* Wears personal protective equipment as required by HPC, DOT,
OSHA, and customer regulations.
* Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work
* Immediately reports all accidents, near misses, and injuries
involving employee or others while operating company
vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area.
* Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services based
on job experience & observations.
* Verifies that the load, tools, equipment, and materials are
secured properly before transporting begins.
* Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary.
* Performs other duties when assigned.
* Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities, pulp and
paper mills, etc.
Skills and Experience:
* Specific vocational preparation including classroom safety
training, on-the-job training and essential experience gained on
* Language proficiency: understand English at a level to comprehend
safety training and respond to instructions in emergency
* Valid driver's license, CDL Class A or B and other requirements
of company's driving policy required when driving company vehicle
or using personal vehicle on company business.
* Smartphone required for Electronic Logging Device.
* Must have a Federal Transportation Workers Identification
* Must be knowledgeable in the operation of emergency equipment,
such as fire extinguishers.
* Experience operating a vacuum truck.
* Working knowledge of operating equipment used in wet and dry
* High School diploma or equivalent
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in
employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability
status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or
any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local
law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Clean Harbors, Inc., Toledo , Vacuum Truck Operator, Other , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!