Company: DICK'S Sporting Goods
Posted on: June 25, 2022
DescriptionTHE BASEBALL AMBASSADOR IS A TECHNICALLY FOCUSED ROLE
THAT IS CENTERED AROUND PROVIDING A DIFFERENTIATED ATHLETE
EXPERIENCE SPECIFICALLY TO BASEBALL PLAYERS. THIS INDIVIDUAL WILL
PULL FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCES AND INDUSTRY RESEARCH / TRENDS TO
PROVIDE STRONG PRODUCT RECOMMENDATIONS THAT ALIGN TO THE ATHLETE’S
- Meets the athlete where they are in their baseball journey,
creating a tailored and unparalleled customer service experience;
adapting sales style appropriately and leveraging in store
technology (e.g., HitTrax when applicable and appropriate) to
gather data driven insights that in turn help inform
- Leverages on-the-field expertise and/or baseball knowledge to
provide recommendations that meets the athlete’s needs.
- Translates / aligns product technology to the athlete and the
position(s) they play (e.g., material of the bats, glove size by
position, etc.); contributing to and enhancing the athlete’s
overall game day experience.
- Fully outfits athletes with appropriate product, equipment and
accessories to equip them for any occasion - from practice /
training to game day
- On occasion, participates in Diamond Sports Universities across
the nation to test and learn new products in order to then share
knowledge and insights with both teammates and athletes.
- Partners with store teammates by regularly utilizing training
materials to educate others on new baseball-related products
- Maintains merchandise presentation standards and signage of
Footwear Department to Company standards as directed
- Adhere to established policies and procedures related to
safety, loss prevention and standard operating procedures.
Maintains confidentiality of all Company information
- Complies with all workplace safety programs. Any other tasks as
assigned by management.
- As needed, assists in other areas within the store.
APPROACHABLE AND OUTGOING: Ability to quickly build rapport with
runners of all experience levels.
BASEBALL ENTHUSIAST: Actively involved in baseball-related
activities (e.g., coaches, associated with or plays in competitive
clubs, etc.) and regularly builds upon strong foundational
understanding of the sport by staying up-to-date on every aspect of
the game (e.g., latest product technology, minor and major league
COMFORTABLE COMMUNICATOR: Ability to simplify insights when
speaking with newer players, yet also builds rapport with seasoned
athletes by leveraging their on-the-field experience and/or
knowledge of the game
LEADS WITH EXPERTISE TO SELL: Leans on expertise of the game to
understand and align the athlete’s needs to appropriate products
(e.g., bats, gloves, training aides, etc.). Flexible availability
including nights, weekend, and holidays 1-3 years of Retail or Team
Sports experience preferred, but not required
Keywords: DICK'S Sporting Goods, Toledo , Baseball Ambassador, Other , Sandusky, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!