Desk Assistant (Part-Time) - UToledo Housing
Company: American Campus Communities
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Desk Assistant is a representative of the staff, serving an
important role in developing a sense of community. The desk
assistant is responsible for three areas of accountability. These
areas are the keys to the orderly operation of the front desk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be
MAINTAIN COMMUNITY STANDARDS AND SAFETY
* Assist in identifying and reporting maintenance and safety
* Assist in managing fire and other emergency situations, always
notifying professional staff first if time permits.
* Know the location of the nearest fire extinguisher, and be
familiar with the operation of the fire alarm panel and of fire
* Assist in security checks of the property while on duty.
* Know emergency telephone numbers.
* Assist in the supervision of student conduct and noise levels
throughout the Community (i.e. periodic checks of front fire lane
and other areas as assigned), and the notification of the On-Call
PA's for other issues.
* Assist in the communication and interpretation of policies and
* Assist in maintaining established quiet hours.
ASSIST STUDENTS: PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE
* Assist in the welcoming and orientation of new residents (i.e.
helping in the location of rooms and available facilities,
* Assist in providing information on campus services and
* Ensure that proper procedures are adhered to in the issuance and
return of equipment.
* Assists guests in contacting the resident they are visiting and
ensuring their compliance with procedures regarding visitors.
PERFORM ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS
* Assist the professional staff during check-in and check-out.
* Maintain all administrative logs as designated by the
* Perform other tasks as assigned by the management staff.
* Maintain punctuality to assigned shifts.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments
* Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and
equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to
intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to
inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic
leadership and embraced by all.
* The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully
invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest
piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given
property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our
* Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all
* Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed
and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training
purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording
Policy is a condition of employment
To be successful in this position, you should have:
* Customer Service skills
Keywords: American Campus Communities, Toledo , Desk Assistant (Part-Time) - UToledo Housing, Other , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!