Manufacturing Controls & Systems Engineer
Company: OWENS CORNING
Posted on: June 24, 2022
PURPOSE OF THE JOBAs the IT and OT convergence and Digital
Manufacturing strategy continues, Owens Corning is proving out and
adopting technology to help accelerate our digital transformation.
Enterpise solutions are being expanded at Owens Corning and are
being utilized across all three businesses. The Manufacturing
Controls & Systems Engineer is a key role, as the person in this
role is accountable for design, consultation, deployment,
standardization, and support of all Manufacturing Controls & OT
Systems related deployments at Owens Corning.
A successful candidate will have knowledge of manufacturing
technology and process and will be expected to provide guidance and
consultation in the Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems domain. The
nature of this role requires flexibility. The demands of Digital
Manufacturing are constantly changing to meet the needs of the
business. The person in this role should have strong leadership
characteristics to lead in an exciting environment that is always
changing and improving.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece
of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a
market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500 -.
Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across
our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and
products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an
inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A
holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization
as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully
recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and
safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make
an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all
levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride
within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading
businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Sr Engineering II R&D, Manufacturing Digital - Core
Digital TechnologiesSpan of Control: Individual Contributor
JOB RESPONSIBILITIESOT Platform leadership for Manufacturing
Controls & OT Systems
- Build a working ownership model for the Manufacturing Controls
& OT Systems platform; work closely with key stakeholders (Capital
Delivery, Core Digital Technologies) to establish an adoption of
users that work synergistically.
- Lifecycle management. Establish LCM process to ensure
Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems systems remain current,
supported, and benefit from new functionality with accountability
to make key platform decisions that align with Business priority
and GIS/Digital Manufacturing standards
- Collaborate with key business and technical stakeholders to
- 3-5 year platform roadmap that outlines usage across all OC
- Build out an Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems strategy,
facilitate setting/updating standards.
- Apply project management expertise and other best
practices/tools to define, execute, and fully own project plans
- Scope Management
- Schedule Management
- Budget Management
- Resource Management (internal and external)
- Risk Management
- Communications Management
- Change Management
- Support evaluation of new product functionality, develop the
corresponding technology solutions roadmap.
- Manage POC and Pilot projects of new functionality to drive the
expansion of the platform within the identified or emerging
standards, and demonstrate value generation
Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems Support, Operations, and
- Drive ownership of a sustainable support process. Build out the
process leveraging our team of third party partners, and be
available for support escalations as required.
- Design and implement a change management process that works to
eliminate risk at our plants. Ensure all changes are known,
appropriate, and tested. Strive for 100% visibility.
- Work with key vendors to create the Manufacturing Controls & OT
Systems portfolio of innovation or new projects and engage cross
functional stakeholders to help insure standards are in place and
- Account management - access process and role management
- Security of data integration - ensure standard processes are
used to securely transfer data into and out of Manufacturing
Controls & OT Systems; Collaborates closely with Global Security
team to integrate industry standard security standards and strategy
for systems deployed in the Manufacturing environment
Digital Manufacturing/OT and Digital Manufacturing Engagement
- Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems are key platform that are
leveraged by the shop floor team, MES owner, business teams, and
broader Controls & Automation teams. As platform owner, you're
expected to establish a strong connection with each of these
groups, and ensure full transparency to all work happening in this
domain. You will need to leverage these partnerships to be
successful in this role.
- As a member of the Digital Manufacturing team, you are expected
to partner closely with your teammates and other platform owners to
deliver successful results for our business partners.
- Participate in all Digital Manufacturing and GIS team meetings
and standard processes
- Work closely with the Advanced Manufacturing and Manufacturing
OT teams to ensure full visibility and alignment to similar
workstreams happening in other parts of the organization
- Establish and maintain relationships with technology
stakeholders and, key vendors and partners involved in
demonstrating business value.
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
Engineering, Engineering Technology or closely related field.
- 5+ years' experience in the IT or OT field with concentration
around manufacturing applications or solutions development.
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems such
as SCADA systems, Automatic Backup Solutions, among other
Manufacturing Digital Systems
- Demonstrated experience in small to medium capital project
management with a successful track record
- Estimated Travel: 20-30% domestically or internationally as
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Able to build business cases, explain technical solution
concepts, and matching new emerging technologies with operational
- Able to quickly analyze and implement improvements then gauge
- Abie to deal successfully with multiple projects and deadlines
in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience collaborating in a diverse cultures environment and
across international boundaries.
- Self-motivated and driven to learn new technologies -
voluntarily initiates and takes lead roles in challenging work
without explicit direction.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - able to convey
relevant information clearly with confidence across all levels of
- Experience working in a highly-matrixed structure across
functional, business, geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Curious to understand how and why things operate, finds root
causes through analysis and questioning.
- Builds trust, connections, and is able to effectively influence
About Owens CorningOwens Corning is a global building and
construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable
future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses
- Composites, Insulation, and Roofing - provide durable,
sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique
material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our
customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with
approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to
generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a
difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in
1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021
sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit
www.owenscorning.com.Owens Corning is an equal opportunity
Keywords: OWENS CORNING, Toledo , Manufacturing Controls & Systems Engineer, Other , Swanton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!