Line Cook - Weekend Warrior (Full Time/Part Time) - NEW WAGES
Company: Otterbein Senior Life
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Weekend Warrior Wage Advantage: Extra $5 per hour Premium
Pay.Retention Bonus: Full Time - $1,000*NOTE: Bonus offer available
for a limited time! Bonus is subject to change. Ask your
interviewer for details.NEW WAGES!OverviewOtterbein is currently
seeking a talented Line Cook / Head Cook to join our team at our
vibrant, not-for-profit retirement community. The Line Cook / Head
Cook participates in the preparation, cooking and serving of all
food items to residents, guests, and partners under strict sanitary
conditions. Perform other appropriate related tasks and all
unrelated assigned duties as determined by the supervisors.SIGN ON
BONUS!Full Time - $1,000 *NOTE: Bonus offer available for a limited
time! Bonus is subject to change. Ask your interviewer for
details.Apply from your phone! Text OTTER to 89743Due to the
COVID-19 pandemic, we supply PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to
keep you and our residents safe. Additionally, we have implemented
stronger infection control and testing procedures in all Otterbein
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements. Procures food from
- Prepares and cooks food in accordance with company
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes, uses a
variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders,
mixers, grinders, choppers, slicers, ovens, cook tops, to prepare
soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, casseroles and other menu
- Bakes, roast, steams, broils, fries meats, fish, poultry,
vegetables and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to food during mixing and cooking, according to
recipe. Discusses necessary recipe adjustments with
- Observes and test food being cooked by tasting, smelling, and
taking temperatures to determine that it is cooked to the proper
level of doneness.
- Carves meats, portions food in serving pans or on serving
plates, adds gravies, sauces, and garnishes to panned and plated
- May wash, peel, cut and shred vegetables and fruits to prepare
them for use.
- May butcher chickens, fish, meats.
- May bake breads, rolls and pastries.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies
and utensils in work area.
- Coordinates work with other food service employees to prevent
waste and to facilitate utilization of any overproduction.
- Responsible for replenishing food and items providing back up
on service line for dining center customers.
- Selects and develops recipes were needed.
- Cooks and otherwise prepares foods according to recipes.
- Cuts, trims, bones and carves meats and poultry for
- Portions cooked foods as to size of portions and methods of
- Follows prep sheet in order to prepare items for next day s
meals.QualificationsEducation: High School diploma or GED
preferredExperience: 2 to 5 year s cooking experience in LTC or
similar setting preferredApply today and begin a meaningful career
as a Line Cook / Head Cook at Otterbein! Associated topics:
banquet, cocinera de la parrilla, cocinera de la preparacion,
complimentary, dinner, food prep, lunch, prep, sandwich, wok
Keywords: Otterbein Senior Life, Toledo , Line Cook - Weekend Warrior (Full Time/Part Time) - NEW WAGES, Other , Pemberville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!