IS Machines GNL
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne, a cold
beer after a hard day's work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water
to quench the thirst, well it was probably made by us, we are O-I
and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure,
sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world's
best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high
quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food,
non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
(All other duties as assigned)
- SOPs & Protocol development regarding IS Machines operations &
maintenance. Maintenance and updating of key operational SOPs in a
- IS Machine workshops to support the development of the region's
functional leaders, focusing on development of consistent technical
skills that meet the manufacturing process requirements.
- Networking, maintaining interaction to foster sharing of
learning and best practices.
- Machine Standards committee member providing feedback/support
of reported IS Machine issues analysis.
- SME support for highly complex technical issues, performing
remote and/or field technical assistance activities, providing
technical reports and/or trip reports as needed.
- Provide major project support as a way to develop talent and
support extremely uncommon peaks of activity.
- Lead engineering work related to new equipment installations,
major repairs and/or upgrades to licensee plants. Support on-site
activities as required, attending project meetings, reporting on
project status/issues, maintaining communication with contractors
to effectively execute project tasks.
- IS Machine Asset Life Extension focused on new technology
assessment, project technical reviews (in as-needed basis from the
regions), low cost equipment development, capture Voice of Business
for R&D identifying improvement opportunities and implementing
action plans to increase IS Machine systems performance.
- New technical initiatives and innovation management from an IS
Machine perspective, through the conceptualization of a physical
phenomenon, approaching it in an analytical way, developing
theoretical alternatives/solutions, trialing them in a controlled
environment and sharing output improvements to the organization for
- Become proficient in glass forming electronics technology such
as: timing systems, servo control systems, drive systems, etc.
- Provide technical and onsite support and training for global
installations of IS Machines and Forming electronics systems.
- Participate as global leader for the global network team and
drive improvement in the global networking teams and structure.
SCOPE AND IMPACT
- The primary function of this role is to develop and lead the
Global IS Machines network. This position is responsible for
providing technical support, engineering solutions and technical
specifications for capital equipment investment related to the IS
machines systems discipline required for project management
processes or plant performance improvement initiatives, focusing on
best total cost solutions.
- This job has the ability to make independent decisions relative
to the daily engineering development and technical support
activities of the discipline. Decisions that may reflect in
technical recommendations or engineering decisions which have a
broad impact on the organization require authorization by the
discipline leader of this job.
- Limited M&E budgets requires focused spending.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree Electromechanical, Mechanical, or equivalent
engineering related experience
- 2-5 years' experience in plant / industry related jobs
- 10 years + practical IS Machines experience across a variety of
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a Global Network
- MS Office and English skills - Advanced
- LSS Certification (Desired)
- Basic CAD capabilities
- Desired experience with industrial electrical/electronic and
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- "Hands on" attitude
- Willingness to work in heavy industry environment.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). Second language is a
plus (preferably Spanish)
- Demonstrated use of SAP or other CMMS as an effective
maintenance management tool.
- Demonstrated effective verbal communication skills including
training, facilitating meetings and events, written reports and
presentations and project updates (if needed) and organizational
- Glass plant experience necessary.
- Analysis - Understand and resolve problems
- Adapting and Learning - Readily adapt
- Innovation - Improve Processes
- Manage execution - Manage the work effectively
- Collaboration - Team membership
- Results orientation - Show initiative and commitment
- Reports to Global Leader - Manufacturing Asset
- No direct reports.
20-40% Domestic + International travel required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a
medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order
to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact
O-I at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your
request and your contact information.
Keywords: O-I, Toledo , IS Machines GNL, Other , Perrysburg, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!