Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Drinking Water Treatment Operator – Certification/License
General Summary: The Water Plant Operators
are responsible for all daily operations of the 15 MGD lime
softening, conventional filtration surface water treatment system.
They must be able to work in a variety of environments,
problem-solve, and analyze operations and test results for trends
and future actions. The operator must be self-motivated; able to
complete jobs in a timely and safe manner; and must be able to work
productively with other employees.
- Oversee the operation of upflow/solids contact clarifiers and
make chemical feed changes based upon operational tests and
- Operate and maintain the 8 mixed-media filters to maintain
- Conduct hourly checks on water plant parameters to ensure
efficient operation and compliance with operating requirements
- Assist the maintenance department mechanics, when needed
- Prepare/maintain necessary records of operations
- Conduct laboratory operational testing
- Position is in a surface water treatment plant on the Maumee
River, and rapid changes in raw water quality are typical and will
require corresponding changes in treatment
- Water demands of the facility can change rapidly and will
require changes in system to compensate
- Must be able to analyze and make changes accordingly, sometimes
with limited supervision
- High school diploma or GED
- Meet requirements for and possess a current Ohio Class I Water
Treatment Professional Operator Certification, with a thorough
understanding of company and state code regulations. Class II
or III preferred.
- Typical Manufacturing Environment
- High noise levels in the pump gallery and chemical feed
- Frequent walking required on concrete surfaces
- Moderate physical lifting required
- Must be able to climb stairs or ladders
- The employee will be able expected to work in all weather
conditions experienced in Northwest Ohio
- Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety
equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses,
earplugs, gloves & safety harness.
- Employee will be required to complete additional training as
directed by the company.
- Note: Operator will float to whatever shift needs coverage.
Also, must be able to work OT and weekends as required.
Applicants should expect to work most weekends and significant
periods without days off.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.