Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
As part of the Plant leadership team, you are the go-to
person in the plant for supply chain-related financial insights,
planning and performance support. You deliver robust analysis to
guide manufacturing, supply chain and investment decisions, assess
future optimization opportunities, and analyze actual and
forecasted financial performance. You proactively highlight
performance concerns / opportunities and partner with the plant
managers and Snacks Supply Chain Manufacturing team to plan
activities required to close any gaps. You lead reporting on past
and future trends for the plant and ROI in support of future
The plant controller directs and manages all financial
functions for the Willard and Ashland plants. Partnering with the
site leads, this role will have ownership for product costs,
variance analytics, enabler delivery, working capital improvements,
and monthly projections. This position will lead
annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, analyzing efficiency
variances, and financial performance reviews.
The successful candidate must be able to work effectively within
the supply chain matrix. The candidate will be expected to
partner with site leadership, operations, finance, procurement, and
supply chain leadership.
Maintain adequate system of internal controls and ensure
general ledger accounts are accurately stated. Ensure
the delivery of the plant’s financial commitments including Net
Sales, EBIT, Enabler attainment, and Working Capital.
Collaborate with leadership to create, implement, and execute
corrective action plans for unfavorable variances.
Mentor, provide leadership, and develop supply chain finance
team Partner with regional Vice President and
site leadership to develop sustainable capital, enabler, and
continuous improvement plans. Provide understanding
regarding monthly financial results and review cost
projections. Evaluate labor efficiency, bottleneck,
and cost reduction studies. Supplement enabler process
end to end for regional spend including:
- Detailed GAP analyses
- Benchmarking and Best Practice sharing
- Individual site execution strategy and
Create direction for capital management and lead analyses
process for project justification. Lead lowest landed
cost delivery by partnering with planning, operations, and
logistics finance. Provide financial leadership to
plant salaried leaders.
- Drives strategic business analysis that includes short term and
long term value creation.
- Partners with Supply Chain Leadership to establish aggressive
but realistic financial goals that are consistent with Corporate
- Requires ability to communicate effectively business results
with varying levels of the organization including shop-floor
employees and senior management.
- Must be comfortable dealing with multiple agendas and driving
decisions through influencing without authority
- Ability to manage multiple priorities. Timeline to action
may be tight and require significant cross-functional
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to
build and maintain strong working relationships across multiple
- Proactively identify continuous improvement opportunities and
demonstrate intellectual curiosity.
- Ensure financial processes are adhered to according CSC
standards and best practices.
Competencies / Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required – preferably in Finance,
Accounting or Business Administration
- Minimum 10+ years of professional experience required ,
preferably in the CPG industry
- Business partnering skills – with an uncanny ability to
explain complex financials in a succinct, logical and
- Dependable advice – ability to influence and have the
confidence to challenge and push for value and returns
- Technical know-how – extensive financial planning and
analysis experience ideally within CPG industry
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities including
prior financial modeling
- Superior analytical skills and a demonstrable track
record of driving financial success and ROI
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Access and Power
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are
- Team player – can take an enterprise view of the value
chain, and build strong relationships across the business
(particularly with Supply Chain and COE)
- Experienced in mentoring, leading, and developing
- Knowledge of SAP and EPM a plus.
- Action Oriented
- Business Acumen
- Functional Technical Skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Ability to work in a team environment
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.