Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under the direction of the Product Manager, supervise a line or
multiple lines, including the direct supervision of hourly
employees, to produce the required volume of products within
company standards of quality, cost and safe work procedures.
Ensure that employees have all the resources and tools to carry out
their job functions safely and efficiently. Supervisor will
also be responsible for working with managers, other supervisors,
and personnel from other departments to promote a team environment
to achieve goals across all shifts. This individual is expected to
be a dependable self-starter who has the follow-up skills to
produce extraordinary results with integrity while displaying a
positive can-do attitude.
40% - Coordinates the daily activities of operations personnel
to effectively manage the flow of production. This includes working
toward the pursuit of departmental, plant, and company goals for
safety, quality, and cost utilizing lean manufacturing skills. 10%
- Leads/Participates in team initiatives directed towards achieving
operational safety objectives. Monitor accident trends,
complete incident reports, and manage transitional work 10% -
Analyze cost indicators and make appropriate adjustments to improve
10% - Consistently inspect and monitor work areas for compliance
with food safety regulations and make decisions on disposition of
questionable product 5% - Model company policies and consistently
apply to all employees. Coach and discipline employees where
appropriate 5% - Ensure proper and accurate reporting on all
production and inventory measurements 5% - Coordinate on-the-job
training and evaluate skill level achieved for new hires and job
transfers 5% - Train employees in Quality and Safety regulations
and ensure compliance with same 5% - Promote teamwork and recognize
exceptional performance where appropriate 5% - Manages the
operations improvement process by using facilitation and coaching
COMPLEXITY AND SCOPE
- Balance production needs with needs of employees
- Promote positive employee relations
- Recommend and administer appropriate disciplinary action up to
and including job terminations
- Monitor, advise and manage various production issues including
equipment, ingredients, packaging, allergens and crewing needs
- Ability to evaluate daily operations problems in a common sense
manner and make quick decisions that support departmental, plant,
and company objectives.
- Must have strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
that enhance and promote teamwork and drive positive results.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college or
university field is preferred (or equivalent combination of
education and experience).
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Prior experience with lean manufacturing / TPM / Six Sigma
- Years of relevant experience: 2-5 years of previous
supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment (Prior
experience in food manufacturing/consumer product industry is
- Knowledge of the basic techniques for conducting meetings and
conveying technical information.
- Ability to assess and respond appropriately to critical plant
- Strong ability to work and coordinate with peers and other
- Ability to provide useful advice or to facilitate discussion
with departments regarding future needs or changes.
- Ability to quickly absorb and learn new technologies, software
and hardware components, and anticipate future applicability to
support the business’ direction.
- Ability to prepare complex, written reports.
- Ability to assume a leadership role, as needed, as a member
and/or leader of project team.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal
and written communication abilities. Must demonstrate active
listening and strong facilitation and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated business savvy. Must possess strong
organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word,
PowerPoint and Excel. Prior MS Sharepoint, Kronos and SAP
experience is preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment that
operates on a 24/7 schedule. Position requires an individual
to work different schedules and varying hours.
- Proven track record of delivering excellent business results
under demanding timetables.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED (NOT
- CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- OTHER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED
% OF TRAVEL REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
Frequent exposure to plant environment (noise, heat,
machinery). Must be able to work any shift and job requires
shift rotation. Frequent weekend and holiday work
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.