Controls Engineers - Maintenance
Company: General Motors LLC
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Maintenance Controls Engineer - Analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose
electrical problems in manufacturing. Ability to work autonomously
with occasional guidance from supervision.
• Technical resource for plant electricians
• Supervise project installations by contractors and plant
• Develop and plan electrical projects
• Analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose electrical problems in
• Design and modify electrical control circuits and programs
• Support plant continuous improvement activity
• Experience with manufacturing process equipment, knowledge of
engineering, software development & hardware integration.
• Highly developed oral & written communication skills.
• High level of interpersonal skills with sensitivity to other's
points of view & to
make contributions to the resolution of complexmanufacturing
• Demonstrated ability to listen to & support Team Members.
• Thorough understanding of planned and predictive maintenance and
• Thorough understanding of GM Safety policies, specifications, and
This position will require overtime and off-shift production
support at times
- Electrical Engineering Degree or Mechatronics degree preferred,
or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in industrial networking protocols - Profibus,
Profinet, TCP/IP and EthernetIP
- HMI software - Siemens WinCC and TIA Portal, and Rockwell
- PLC hardware - Rockwell ControlLogix family, Siemens 300, and
- Servo drive systems: Siemens 840D CNC, Siemens G120 family,
Fanuc 35i CNC, and Rockwell Powerflex / Kinetix
- This position will require overtime and off-shift production
support at times.
- Fanuc Robots - programming and troubleshooting is highly
desirable, but not required.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero
Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change
that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe
we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively
- to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our
culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation
of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where
they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent
on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their
background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they
belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support
the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive
compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental
leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help
you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and
be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us
atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a
description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as
well as the job title and requisition number of the position for
which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors LLC, Toledo , Controls Engineers - Maintenance, Other , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!