Large Loss Field Adjuster (Remote in Detroit, MI or Toledo, OH)
Company: AFICS American Family Insurance Claims Services, I
Posted on: September 13, 2021
At American Family Insurance Claims Services, we believe
people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas
and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re
committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers
innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’
dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance Claims Services is driven by our
customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job
– we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team
in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for
what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey
that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join
our team. Bring your dreams.
R24144 Large Loss Field Adjuster (Remote in Detroit, MI or Toledo,
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your
geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:$66,800/yearCompensation Maximum:$107,000/year
Job Family Summary
Investigates and maintains property/casualty claims. Determines
liability, secures information, reviews coverages, arranges
appraisals, and settles claims. May work in the field or central
The Claim Complex Adjuster position supports the Claim Division
goal of ensuring customer service industry leadership and partners
with agency to deliver seamless claim service. An experienced
adjuster who has achieved mastery in and performs all areas of
claim adjustment activities with the highest degree of competency
and independence. Processes highly complex claims of significant
monetary exposure. May specialize in liability, property or
Job Level Summary
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in
own job discipline or field.
- Leads others to solve complex problems.
- Works independently in on the most complex
- May lead functional teams or projects.
- Investigates origin and cause of high exposure claims by
contacting the appropriate parties including insureds, claimants,
agents, attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation
unit, other adjusters, public personnel, etc. Checks for prior
claims and recognizes environmental exposures.
- Participates in High Damage Reviews (HDR) to address coverage
issues and exposure. Handles claims on a good faith basis.
- Handles both 1st party and 3rd party claims under multiple
policies types and numerous endorsements.
- Conducts on-site inspections when needed, evaluates damages and
handles claim negotiations with insureds, claimants, attorneys,
- Responds to customer inquiries, makes appropriate decisions and
closes file as needed.
- Interprets and determines policies, leases, by-laws,
declarations, articles and contract coverages and applies to all
parties for assigned losses. Interprets claim history
- Makes independent decisions but recognizes when assistance is
- Proactively provides all parties with claim process and status
as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other areas.
- Serves as a mentor and subject matter expert for less
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven
solutions, support or service.
- Demonstrated ability to handle 1st and 3rd party,
multi-line claims across our operating territories.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively
handle complex claims.
- Extensive knowledge of policies and endorsements
- Successfully applied knowledge of each phase of the claim
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if
Education & Licenses
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable
- Obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as
Additional Job Information:
This is a 100% remote role that may require travel up to 25%.
Candidates must live locally to the Toledo, OH or Detroit, MI
#LI-remote #remotejob #workfromhome
When you work at American Family Insurance Claims Services
you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and
financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical,
dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care
of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a
pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In
addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave
are available to support our employees and their families.
Interns and contigent workers are not eligable for American
Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay Connected: Join our Talent Community!
Keywords: AFICS American Family Insurance Claims Services, I, Toledo , Large Loss Field Adjuster (Remote in Detroit, MI or Toledo, OH), Other , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!