Production Supervisor-- 3rd Shift
Company: Sunrise Windows & Doors
Posted on: July 23, 2021
(Continued Summary and Expected Results)
Performance is measured by obtainment of production targets and
adherence to Key Performance Indicators such as quality audit
scores, schedule adherence, safety incidents and on-time and
complete deliveries. This position is expected to maintain a
hands-on, highly visible, and positive presence on the shop floor,
interacting with employees, troubleshooting problems, and actively
involved in the daily issues of assigned areas.
Essential Duties and
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for safety in area of supervision and entire shop
floor completing accident investigations within 48 hours.
Employee Relations & Supervision
- Supervise, develop, and mentor team members to enhance the
functioning of the team.
- Maintain positive employee relations through fair and
consistent application of Sunrise policies and procedures and using
direct and proactive communication skills.
- Supervise direct repots by providing coaching, feedback,
reminders and mentoring as appropriate.
- Effectively interact with others in the organization to ensure
customer deadlines are met.
- Develop and evaluate Production Operators & Assistant
- Prepare and communicate regular performance appraisals and
development plans for assigned employees in conjunction with the
- Take an active role in resolving and mediating employee
conflict situations in a timely and appropriate manner, consulting
with and referring such matters to Human Resources as
- Delegate as appropriate to keep focused on the larger picture
to achieve goals.
- Recommend staffing levels and changes due to changes in the
- Participate in interviewing, selecting, orientating, and
training new staff members.
- Conduct regular meetings with team members and use a variety of
methods to educate team on company and department procedures,
changes, new information, etc.
- Inspect and measure parts and products to verify conformance to
- Set up and lead containment activities of defective
- Direct workers to adjust machines and equipment to repair
products that fail to meet standards.
- Delegate when appropriate to keep focused on the larger picture
to achieve goals.
- Achieve minutes/unit goals and schedule attainment by leading
- Assign employees to stations based on Daily Production
- Recommend staffing levels and changes due to changes in
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production
- Support Continuous Improvement and monitor 5S and
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve
production methods, equipment performance, and quality of
- Plan flow of materials through department and develop physical
layout of machines according to work orders.
- Work with Engineering on prototype set up and runs.
- Compute amounts of stock and supplies required for operations,
based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from
- Work with the Materials Department on routine inventories to
ensure accurate stock levels.
- Monitor scrap rates.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Input production numbers into database at end of shift.
- Maintain and update SQDC boards.
- Review vacation request; approve or deny on timely basis.
- Verify time sheets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential duties and
responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of
the job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
Employees are required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop,
kneel, crouch and crawl; bend, turn and twist; push and pull.
Visual acuity, speech and hearing must be within normal
limits. The employee must be able to repetitively lift, push,
and move up to 50 pounds unaided. 75 pounds or more must be
lifted with assistance. The ability to climb a ladder or go
up on a man-lift is required to access product inventory.
Work environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential duties and
responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the average plant temperature conditions range from 60
degrees in the cooler months and up to 110 degrees during the
warmer months. All workstations on the plant floor require
the use of safety glasses. Some workstations require
additional safety equipment to include but not limited to; hearing
protectors, gloves, and arm guards.
Education & Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in business, operations or other closely related
field highly preferred. Experience working in a lean manufacturing
environment and leading continuous improvement activities.
Consideration will be given to overall education and experience of
existing supervisory team for elevated leadership capabilities and
bandwidth. In lieu of degree, equivalent knowledge gained
through extensive leadership experience either as an Assistant
Supervisor, Key Operator at Sunrise Windows, or equivalent work
experience elsewhere, preferably in a production environment will
be substituted at the company’s discretion. The position
requires a minimum of three years of production leadership
experience supervising a hourly workforce,
preferably in a manufacturing.
Competencies - must be able to demonstrate the
Managing People - Includes staff in planning,
decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes
responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes oneself
available to staff; Managing attendance; Provides regular
performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages
growth; Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes,
products and services; Able to lead effective continuous
improvement and change management; Able to carry difficult messages
without creating a “we/they” culture; Continually works to improve
supervisory skills. Evidences an accountable-leadership behavior
Team Work - Balances team and individual
responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others'
views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a
positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to
goals and objectives that Supports everyone's efforts to succeed;
Actively curtails distracting gossiping and negativity as
impediments to safety, workplace satisfaction, productivity, and
quality. Recognizes accomplishments of other team
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds
to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions;
Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate
person with an alternate plan.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make
decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and
explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in
decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict,
not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve
and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to
take on more responsibility
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability
to set your own schedule and goals
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability
to drive new ventures within the business
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
Keywords: Sunrise Windows & Doors, Toledo , Production Supervisor-- 3rd Shift, Other , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!