Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Mechanic is responsible for diagnosis, installation,
maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of machinery, equipment,
physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in the
The maintenance personnel must be able to work in different
environments, problem solve, and use tools and equipment
appropriate for each job. Work will vary from day to day depending
upon the needs of the plant to maintain production. The mechanic
must be self-motivated, able to complete jobs in a timely manner
and must be able to work productively with other employees.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility
machinery and write work orders for follow-up in computer.
- Install facility machinery as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair facility machinery.
- Write and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job
Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Communicate with operators, supervisors, or other maintenance
workers to diagnose problems and repair machinery.
- Order parts as needed.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety policies and
procedures in a manner that will minimize the interference with
production operations and that maintains product / ingredient
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma or General
Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a mechanic.
- The ability to diagnose mechanical problems and make
- Knowledge of standard materials, tools and equipment, and skill
in the use and care of tools.
- All selected candidates will be required to pass a written,
standardized mechanical test.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent to
interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write
simple correspondence and effectively present information in both a
one-on-one and a small group situation.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply, understand, and carry out
detailed written and oral instructions.
- Manual dexterity required to operate machinery and
- Willingness to work off shifts as needed. (Primary shift will
be 2nd or 3rd).
- Advanced skills (Journeyman level) in one or more of the
following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulic, &
Pneumatic Systems, Plumbing, Carpentry, and Piping Systems.
- Working Conditions:
- Working Conditions are typical of a food processing environment
with manufacturing processes:
- Frequent walking is required
- Usual noise level in the work environment is 79-94 db
- Have the ability to lift occasionally 100 lbs. from floor to
shoulder height and 25 lbs. overhead, frequently lift and carry 50
lbs. up to shoulder height.
- Ability to push and pull 100 lbs. occasionally, be able to
lift, climb a ladder, crawl, kneel, squat, bend, twist
occasionally, and must be able to reach at or above shoulder
height, stand and walk frequently.
- Occasionally exposed to hand vibration when gripping, frequent
firm gripping is required, gross and fine hand motor skills are
- Must demonstrate neck and shoulder range of motion to allow
him/her to reach and see overhead and to the floor, and be able to
work in constricted areas
- Able to drive a cart or the lift
- Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety
equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses,
earplugs, and safety harness.
- Job duties listed but not limited to. Must be able to use
micrometers and calipers to measure with, lifting, welding,
hydraulics and pneumatics back ground, rigging, fabrication, and
rebuilding pumps, gearboxes and equipment.
***This position includes a Sign-on bonus for
$28.14 hourly rate
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Toledo , Mechanic, Other , Napoleon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!