ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care
facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more
than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county
area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have
the area's largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up
of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent
customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced
environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years,
residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award
winner in our market. In fact, we're the only hospital in northwest
Ohio to receive this honor.
The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates
the nursing care provided to a group of patients. This nurse leads
the nursing team members in the care as directed by the attending
physician and in collaboration with other health care providers in
accordance with the philosophy and policies of ProMedica Acute Care
Hospitals. Actively participates in the creation of an environment
that fosters patient, family, physician and employee satisfaction.
Ensures decisions made are based on patient and family centered
care philosophy utilizing evidenced based practices, and focused on
safety, customer satisfaction, and quality outcomes.
Scope of Service: The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to
individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge,
judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological,
physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing
sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of
nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their
designated state for which they are practicing in addition to
compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Competencies, Skills, Training & Abilities
- Complies with nursing process.
- Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to critical
situations involving patients, personnel and visitors in a
- Performs basic nursing skills competently.
- Ability to evaluate own daily practice for errors and pursue
- Engages in the changing environment and is open to new
- Functions as a dependable team member, assisting when requested
or when the need is obvious.
- Communicates effectively and empathetically with all members of
the healthcare team including patients.
- Responsible for continued professional growth and development
- Navigate and retrieve information from the computer and
- Current State license as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR training.
- Specialty certifications as required.
- BSN preferred.
- The RN in Ohio must complete twenty-four contact hours of
continuing education during his/her licensure period. At least 1
hour of contact hours must be related to Chapter 4723 of the Ohio
nurse practice code and rules.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of standard precautions and
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of safe patient handling
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals,
temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and
- Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by
the organization (i.e., PPD, respirator training, vaccines, as
- Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations;
and prolonged periods of standing.
- Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy
patients or equipment.
- Must be able to lift medium materials, non-material handling;
continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching;
frequent pushing, pulling and squatting.
Occasional sitting, stairs and kneeling.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit health and
well-being organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves
communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and
ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and
post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more
than 49,000 employees, 12 hospitals, 2,500+ physicians and advanced
practice providers with privileges, 1,000+ healthcare providers
employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and 330+ assisted
living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers,
memory care communities, and hospice and home health care agencies.
Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being,
ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs
and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more
information about ProMedica, please visit
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion,
sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender
expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height,
weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details